Food Safe Ink for reusable and disposable gloves

S

Schmadam

Hello everyone! First time poster, (somewhat) long time reader.

The company I work for manufactures many different types of reusable and disposable gloves. The one in question is a food handling HDPE glove. The glove itself already complies with 21 CFR 177.1520, however, we are looking to modify our glove and print graphics directly onto the glove.

I am having some trouble figuring out which exact regulation the ink we are thinking of using is needed to pass as an indirect food additive. Is it 21 CFR 175.300 or something different? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

T

tamale

Re: Food Safe Ink

Hi Schmadam,

We mold and print containers for the yogurt industry. We comply with the FDA's IMS requirements (International Milk Shippers) and there requirement for inks as indirect food additives are in 21 CFR Parts 174-178. If I were you I would get the necessary infomation from the ink manufacturer. They have surely gone through this long ago!

Hope this helps!

Tamale

S

Schmadam

Re: Food Safe Ink

Thank you for the input, Tamale.

The supplier we are looking at knows more about European regulations than the FDA. They are pretty sure everything will pass FDA regulations they just were not sure if there was an exact regulation that we needed them to look at. Thanks again!

Top Bottom