SBS - The best value in QMS software

Football! (OK, we will even let soccer come in) - Fall 2006

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, This thread is for everyone who loves football.....(OK, we will even let soccer come in).....regardless of if it is Pee Wee, Pop Warner, Jr High, High School, College, NFL, European NFL, Canadian, Australian Rules, Arena, or Flag.....as a Southerner I love it all.....forgive me Claes, as you already know Star Trek and Football are passions for me.....

For those who may not quite understand "American Football", I certainly understand, and respectfully recommend watching "Remember the Titans", a movie that may help explain a bit.....BTW, it is a true story (unusual for Hollyweird).....

Now, at the moment I switch between Arkansas/South Carolina and UCLA/Cal.....Florida is the winner of the SEC East.....USC is likely to move up from #9 but hopefully not much.....

Just some thoughts.....what do you think?

Hershal

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Re: Football!

Watched the last of the LSU/ Tenn game. That was a good game; lot's of turnovers.

Why do we have so many baseball movies, but so very few football movies? I'm in the South, and you know how we feel about High School Football!! I enjoyed The Replacements too, though. OK, maybe The Longest Yard. Any more? WAIT!! The greatest football movie :Waterboy.

:topic: I smell a poll. Greatest football and baseball movie (Bull Durham, Major League, Field of Dreams, The Natural). I vote for Major League, but Bull Durham has so many quotable scenes. The scene where Crash is giving the "Sports phrases" to the young catcher is classic.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator

Bradm,

I agree......

I have seen both versions of The Longest Yard and think the newer version (for a change) is better.....

And just re-watched Remember the Titans and having seen the expanded version, and chatted with the center from that specific team.....and after seeing Friday Night Lights and similar movies.....

We need more - GOOD - movies about football.....more like (in my opinion) Remember the Titans which has both the guy aspect of great football, and the "chick flick" aspect of relationships.....

Opinions?

Hershal

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator

Watched the last of the LSU/ Tenn game. That was a good game; lot's of turnovers.
I should mention that in fact it was a great game.....

Though it had little actual influenece in the SEC West.....Florida will be in Atlanta, even if they do not go to South Carolina.....but now the SEC West is between Arkansas and LSU.........................

Hershal

L

Laura M

No mention of Rudy!?!

My son goes to Univ. of Texas. Hook-em!

I've become more and more of a fan of college football and much less a fan of overpaid expensive pro-football. It's fun when there is a 'story' like the Manning brothers. And I still hope my Browns have a season to get excited about soon.

We happen to be watching MLS playoffs right now rather than NFL. My guess is most folks don't even know it's the playoffs! We tend to be a soccer family with our boys (and myself) still actively playing.

BradM

Staff member
Admin

I'm not sure which one I would pick on any given day: College or High School football. That is some great entertainment.

Although I sure would like to see college football rankings standardized, and a basketball-type playoff system.

I know money drives everything... but could we please have just one normal bowl name, without it being a paid endorsement?

Oh, I forget Any Given Sunday. That was pretty entertaining.

C

Craig H.

IMO, Remember the Titans is not a great football movie - it is a great movie that happens to be about football.

T

ttownley

I was at the UT/LSU game Sat. and it is amazing how quiet 100,000 people can get in under a minute and a half.

Are you guys watching FNL the Series on TV? It is not as good as the movie and neither will ever be as good as the book but it's okay.

Don't let USC forget that the Irish will be visiting this month...:argue:

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator

There is a movie currently playing in Lower Alabama (the OTHER LA ;) ) called Facing the Giants, and my sister and nephew swear that it is absolutely a great movie. There are no professional actors in it, but they tell me it is a definite "must-see" for any football fan. (No, I haven't seen it yet)

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

There is a movie currently playing in Lower Alabama (the OTHER LA ;) ) called Facing the Giants, and my sister and nephew swear that it is absolutely a great movie. There are no professional actors in it, but they tell me it is a definite "must-see" for any football fan. (No, I haven't seen it yet)
I haven't seen it, but it appears to be a religious movie, and football is incidental. A sampling of reviews

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2017! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Hershal COLLEGE FOOTBALL! 2016 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Hershal First ever college football playoff? 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Hershal COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2014 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
Hershal COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2012 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
J Euro Soccer (Football) 2012 Finals Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 28
Hershal College FOOTBALL - 2012 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 30
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 36
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2011 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
J Tailgate Food - Football season is getting near Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Hershal College FOOTBALL - 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 67
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2009! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 141
D Interesting graphic of BCS (college football coaches' ballots) Poll Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Hershal College FOOTBALL 2008 is back! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 394
BradM Football/ Soccer (even Hockey) - Fall 2007 - Talking Sports Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 40
Hershal College FOOTBALL is back!!!!!! September 2007 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 229
Jim Wynne London is ready for some (American) football Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 23
J Manufacturing Process Audits using "Football" diagram Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 1
samer Which team will win the 2006 Football (Soccer) world cup - Germany? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 245
L USC or UT? College Football - January 2006 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 62
Tim Folkerts NCAA football polls, BCS, etc - Specifically the USA Today Coaches Poll Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
Scott Catron 2005 NFL Season (and fantasy football too) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 50
N Association Football Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
D Registrar's Auditors Main Interest - Football Hall of Fame - Little Work Registrars and Notified Bodies 96
Marc ISO 9001 Registered Football Team ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
ScottK Let's Catch Up... what's happened to you since last June Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
E Contacting FDA via phone to let them know a Submission is Imminent Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
W Let's play... Classify My Medical Device!!! EU Medical Device Regulations 15
S Is it alright to let the supplier do all measurements and inspection? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
J How many Major Nonconformances could let the Audit be Terminated? General Auditing Discussions 9
T Let's share ideas about an inspection problem.... Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Z Let us Discuss ISO 9001's Tomorrow ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N TL 9000 Starter - Please let me know if anyone has worked on TL 9000 Software Quality Assurance 1
L It is fair and legal to let a customer to make an assessment audit based on other cus IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Hershal Congrats! Let's talk about top posters in the threads General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
R Quality Management System not active for 6 months. Registration let it Lapse or Fail? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R The Improvement in Sigma Level (from Let's fix six sigma) Six Sigma 4
T Let's fix Six Sigma! Six Sigma 197
S How do you let customers know you are certified on your literature? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q How to write my CV if I was let go? Career and Occupation Discussions 11
A Quality Policy - Please let me know your opinions and comments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
tony s Let the Registrar audit the Internal Audit process Internal Auditing 45
Claes Gefvenberg Let's do age! How 'Old' will you be in 2007? A poll - Version 3 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 91
K What do you expect from a new position? Let?s compare benefits Career and Occupation Discussions 18
H Benchmarks for Plastic Injection Molding - Let's Share! Benchmarking 18
Hershal MEMORIAL DAY 2007 - Let it be heard Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 18
W Useful PC software utilities let's share some info? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 20
Jim Wynne A Modest Proposal: Let's Get Rid of "Quality." Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 15