Ford Motor Engineering Change Level definition

S

sept68

I have a debate at my plant. As the PPAP analyst, I argue that the Engineering change level that PPAP 4th ed states should on the control plan is FoMoCo's WERS engineering release number (change notice). Our engineering says they are asking for the part number because the part number also reflects the engineering change level.

Does any know where that's documented either way? Am I splitting hairs and we are both right?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
I have a debate at my plant. As the PPAP analyst, I argue that the Engineering change level that PPAP 4th ed states should on the control plan is FoMoCo's WERS engineering release number (change notice). Our engineering says they are asking for the part number because the part number also reflects the engineering change level.

Does any know where that's documented either way? Am I splitting hairs and we are both right?

Do you change the part number in your system when there's an engineering change?

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

I think you are splitting hairs. APQP manual / Ford TS customer specifics does not mention anything about WERS concerns.

I would use the part number.

S

sept68

I think you are splitting hairs. APQP manual / Ford TS customer specifics does not mention anything about WERS concerns.

I would use the part number.

Ageed. APQP does not state WERS concerns. It does state engineering change level. Ford FCSD training defined the engineering change level to be their WERS notice number. That is fact but poorly documented so I can see how full part number should be adequate from the suppliers perspective.

I probably am overdoing it so I yeild on this one.

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Ageed. APQP does not state WERS concerns. It does state engineering change level. Ford FCSD training defined the engineering change level to be their WERS notice number. That is fact but poorly documented so I can see how full part number should be adequate from the suppliers perspective.

I probably am overdoing it so I yeild on this one.

I would go with Part number in the Control plan assuming that the downstream users of the document will have little clue about WERS.

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Do you change the part number in your system when there's an engineering change?

I worked for tier-1 to Ford India years back. Changing last digit(s) of the part number for a change in design was their system.

Top Bottom