FORD Run at Rate (Run@Rate) Procedure

O

oq_bru

Hi! What is Ford "run at rate", is there a special procedure how to do it?

Thanks for your help!
oq_bru

R

Randy Stewart

This should happen prior to your PSW and usually coincides with the capability study. It is to prove that you can contain the quantities and quality required to meet deliveries. Can be part of the Launch Readiness Review.

B

ben sortin

The only catch is that your capability studies are to be run on production equipment at a rate which will support the projected volumes. This is harder than it looks prior to PSW if you have customer owned tooling.

R

Randy Stewart

Here's what I have, please remember that my company is a proto supplier so you really need to contact your Ford STA for verification of requirements. I have 1 more file of APQP checklists but its over 7 meg.

Attachments

• NFOCUSEL.XLS
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,432
  • APQPQOE.XLS
    277.5 KB · Views: 1,930
B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Just from my experiences:

Due to squeezing every possible second out of a "launch timeline", we have NEVER had a Run at Rate done until after PPAP approval. Typically, there is a ramp up to get to full volumes for a new product and our SQEs don't wish to perform the RandR until we're ready to meet full volume expectations.

Stew - As a "prototype house" why would you be doing Run at Rates (a production requirement) :confused:

Bill

B

Bigfoot

Ford Run at Rate

As a Ford supplier someone at the location needs to check the Covisint FSP and look under the Quality directory. there is a Run at Rate procedure and also a "Phased PPAP" procedure. The reference to before PPAP comes through the Phased PPAP procedure since no "Full Approval" is granted until all 3 elements of the Phased process are completed.

S

Sam

oq_bru said:
Hi! What is Ford "run at rate", is there a special procedure how to do it?

Thanks for your help!
oq_bru
Refer to the Ford customer specifics requirements. Run at Rate is only required when specified. If specified in your contract you should contact your SQE.

R

Randy Stewart

Bill said:
Stew - As a "prototype house" why would you be doing Run at Rates (a production requirement)

We run some low volume production for Ford. The Long Wheel Base (LWB) versions of the Town Car and Crown Vic - maybe 4000 doors a year.

Sam,
I have never seen the Run at Rate no be required. I think I'll mention it to our Program Managers, we always request a waiver on the quantity required maybe we don't have to do it at all.

S

Sam

Randy Stewart said:
We run some low volume production for Ford. The Long Wheel Base (LWB) versions of the Town Car and Crown Vic - maybe 4000 doors a year.

Sam,
I have never seen the Run at Rate not be required. I think I'll mention it to our Program Managers, we always request a waiver on the quantity required maybe we don't have to do it at all.

Randy, just to clarify a bit; if you are Q1 it is a requirement to have the appropriate Run at Rate on file.

Top Bottom