Ford's Q1:2002 Requirements

• Thread starter matthew evans - 2002
  • Start date
M

matthew evans - 2002

Hi everyone.

Does everyone know about the new Ford Q1:2002. I found a letter on the Ford Supplier Network outlining FMC new revision of their Q1 award.

It has alot of continuous improvement requirements, which never hurts, but it also has a MS9000, MMG requirement which is something to do with control of material flow (I think).

There is also a self assessment checklist which includes the requirement for "Suppliers with high impact" to be QS9000 or 16949 "Compliant" with the customer (Us) verifying this with an annual visit.

Anyone know anything else about this latest requirement from Ford's??

By the way all tier 1 supplier's to Fords only have untill Feburary 1st 2002 to meet all of the requirements and submit them to Ford.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
My 'mole' sez:

We are pleased to announce the global launch of Q1 2002! It reflects the best of the present Q1 with increased emphasis on manufacturing process capability, variability reduction and key performance metrics. The CEOs of Production suppliers in North America and Europe, including Jaguar, were mailed the Q1 2002 book on August 31, 2002.

The Q1 2002 journey begins with the launch of an updated Supplier Improvement Metrics (SIM). Beginning with the September 17th SIM publication, suppliers will know their Q1 2002 status and overall score, which is linked to their SIM summary report, on a monthly basis. Starting September 11th, to learn more about Q1 2002, suppliers can go to ***DEAD LINK REMOVED***

Details on that page include: Q1 2002 book Q1 2002/SIM/Global Site Management Database Training Guide Q1 2002 Manufacturing Site Assessment.

K

Ken K

I received a Q1 2002 Summary from Ford this morning. If there is interest, I'll send Marc a copy to post.

Marc

Leader
Originally posted by Ken K

I received a Q1 2002 Summary from Ford this morning. If there is interest, I'll send Marc a copy to post.
You can upload it here in a reply in this thread as an attachment.

Or... You can e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you if you want me to.

K

Ken K

Another new feature I missed.

Here it is:

Attachments

• q1 2002 manual summary.doc
    55 KB · Views: 1,086

Marc

Leader
Originally posted by Ken K

Another new feature I missed.
Pretty nifty, eh? Any file up to 3 megabytes.

Hey.... This is a class act, here! :thedeal:

S

Sam

As part of the Q1 2002 capability requirement, Ford requires that suppliers demonstrate certification to QS-9000/TS-16949 and compliance to MMOG/MS-9000/Odette no later than February 1, 2002, must also provide third party certification to ISO14001.

K

Ken K

Just curious if the manual was helpful to those who downloaded it.
Also curious to hear your comments about this requirement.

R

Roger Eastin

Sam - you mention that Ford requires (by 2002) "certification to QS9000/TS16949...". Ford, up to this date, has not required certification to QS9K. Is this a new requirement? They have, on the other hand, required certification (registration) to ISO14001.:ko:

Top Bottom