Ford's Q1:2002 Requirements

• Thread starter matthew evans - 2002
  • Start date
S

Sam

Roger,
The letter that I received states" must demonstrate certification to QS9000/TS-16949 and compliance to MMOG/MS-9000/Odette . . . . "
As a general rule Ford has not required certification in the past, However it may be that certificatiion is required if you wish to become Q1 certified.

R

Roger Eastin

I guess my next question is: Is Ford requiring their suppliers to be Q1 certified?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Yes. As I understand it. I'm working with a transportation supplier right now in their ISO9K2K upgrade, implementation of ISO 14001 and QOS. While I know what the 'advertisement' from Ford says about a year 2002 deadline, my client has been given until Q3 2003 to achieve Q1.

They were told they have no choice - so I can only suggest if they're forcing this on supplirs of transportation services, they're requiring it of parts and materials suppliers.

R

Roger Eastin

So, if Q1 is required, then is "certification" to QS or TS required, too? If so, then does "certification" mean "3rd party registered"? But I thought that Ford didn't required 3rd party registration to any quality standard. Then again, if "certification" means compliance....:eek:

D

D.Scott

Sticking my nose in where it probably shouldn't be ----- but, isn't Q1 only required for tier 1 suppliers?

My understanding was that all sub-suppliers could be approved by 3rd party accreditation or by an approved tier 1 supplier. In either case, the only requirement was the current ISO 9000 (excluding ISO 9003).

Dave

R

Roger Eastin

Dave - Yes, my question is to tier 1 suppliers. Ford has not required 3rd party registration to QS9000 for its suppliers up till now. Seeing Sam's post, I was wondering if, with Q1, Ford was now requiring 3rd party registration (certification) to QS9000 or TS16949 (in order to be Q1). By the way, I am originally from Amherst, Ohio. Is Wellington still the nice small town that I remember?

S

Sam

Roger, As I understand the Ford letter; a supplier who wishes to become "Q1" must be certifified to QS and/or TS, ISO 14000 and show compliance to MMOG/MS-9000/Odette. The first question/statement on the Q1-2002 checklist is " Supplier is third party certified to QS9000/TS16949". Yes/No

And speaking of Ohio, I'm originally from "Zanesville" home of the Blue Devils and the "Y" bridge.

C

Curt de Mich

Q1 2002

:thedeal: OK Guys and Gals,

I did a little research on FSN; Page 25 Appendix A of the ford
Q1-2002 RUQUIREMENTS States that. All Q1 suppliers must be third party certified to either QS 9000 or TS 16949 failure to do so wil result in Q1 revocation.:eek: We will also have to be certified to ISO 14001 by July 1, 2003. This is for existing Q1 suppliers, all new Q1 suppliers must be certified to ISO 14001 prior to February 1, 2001.

Hope this helps.
C-YA,

Curt

Marc

Leader
I'm working with a client in transportation. A small company - trucking. I have a letter signed by one Jeff Zimmerman (listed as Motor Carrier Buyer) which gives my client until September 2003 to 'achieve' Q1 status. So - there is some flex. ISO 14001 is also required. Instead of QS or TS, they're requiring 3rd party certification to ISO 9001:2000

Marc

Leader
2002 or 2003?

Just a note:

As I understand it the 2002 date is correct for manufacturers, etc. Note that in my post just above, the 2003 date was for one particular, small (15 people?) trucking company. I do <b>NOT</b> mean to imply that the 2002 date cited by Ford is not correct. I'm sure it IS correct.... For most companies...

After talking with Dana Snelgrove by telephone Thursday (Quality Manager - Transportation Purchasing - [email protected] ) I came away with the same feeling that prompted me to refuse to work a direct Ford contract again. That is, I won't work directly for Ford again unless they're willing to cough up some serious bucks. I did some training at a Ford fabrication and assembly facility about a year ago and it was a nightmare. I left in disgust.

Top Bottom