Form FDA 3500A MedWatch eSubmitter

gunnyshore

Starting to get Involved
I'm about to embark on this project to setup the Electronic Submissions Gateway so that I can submit MedWatch reports.
Has anyone gone through this gauntlet and has any recommendations, things not to do?

Thanks for your help - Jim Shore

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

William55401

Involved In Discussions
Here's an option to consider. Don't do it. I was in a similar place as you. For a past consulting client (class I sterile consumer direct), I had a service supplier (Registrar Corp) take on the Registration and Listing (R & L) responsibilities for the client. As part of the R & L services, the supplier became the firm's official correspondent with USA FDA. eMDR submissions (form 3500A) was included in the base services cost. This made sense for my client as we expected a handful of MDRs per year. Disclaimer: I am an independent consultant and not affiliated with Registrar Corp.

gunnyshore

Starting to get Involved
Here's an option to consider. Don't do it. I was in a similar place as you. For a past consulting client (class I sterile consumer direct), I had a service supplier (Registrar Corp) take on the Registration and Listing (R & L) responsibilities for the client. As part of the R & L services, the supplier became the firm's official correspondent with USA FDA. eMDR submissions (form 3500A) was included in the base services cost. This made sense for my client as we expected a handful of MDRs per year. Disclaimer: I am an independent consultant and not affiliated with Registrar Corp.

I'm about to embark on this project to setup the Electronic Submissions Gateway so that I can submit MedWatch reports.
Has anyone gone through this gauntlet and has any recommendations, things not to do?

Thanks for your help - Jim Shore
It is kind of a pain getting it all set up, but once you have the software installed and the account activated with CDRH, the individual submissions are quite simple. If you find yourself needing to maintain that path the site has guidance for use and setup.

Go to CDRH learn and Questions and Answers about eMDR - Guidance doc (I don't have enough posts to give you the links, 2 more to go!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Informational US FDA – Ethicon Recalls Circular Staplers for Insufficient Firing and Failure to Completely Form Staples Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Where did FDA 510(K) form 3654 go? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
JoshuaFroud FDA Form MDSAP AU F0029.1.004 - Help with Completion US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
J Manufacturing CRL - Class 1 or Class 2 Inspection (FDA form 483) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
Ronen E FDA issues draft guidance on form & content of UDI Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
S Any experience on filling form, FDA 3654 for the DICOM standard? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
T Inspection Form Review And Approval - FDA Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
I Small Business Qualification Certification Submission - FDA Form 3602 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
Y ISO 13485:2003 &FDA QSR (21 CFR 820) Quality Manual,34 Procedures and Form Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
T FDA Form 483 Warning Letter - What next? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
Q Financial Disclosure of Clinical Investigators - FDA Form 3455 (Financial Disclosure) Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S FDA Form 3613 [Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG)] - Manufacturer Information 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
E How to Respond to a US FDA untitled letter - Form 483 or Warning Letter Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
C Response by FDA for Form 483 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
D How to use FDA Form 3654 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
B Filling Out FDA Form 3654 when Testing is Incomplete 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Lean SCAR Process and Form needed - ISO 13485 and FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S FDA Annual Registration - Any harm to be FDA (form FDA 2891a) registrated 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E FDA - Audit - Response - Observation form 483. Do we now receive a formal letter? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
K Generic preventive maintenance form wanted Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Is it Necessary to Use Health Canada Form when Reporting? Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
M "Issue & continuous improvement" columns in AIAG-VDA PFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 4
S Supplier Management ISO 13485: 2016- Which supplier needs to fill in a self assessment form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
I Form templates for software (iso9001) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
L Does a backdate form format can be changed if wrong revision is used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D New Equipment form / template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B EMPB (Erstmusterprufbericht) VDA form confusion + PSW VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
M AS9102B Detail Part/Assembly FAI Form 1 box 13; AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A AS9102B - 3.6 Design Characteristics and form 3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M AS9102 FAI Report formats - Boxes in form 1, 2, 3 of AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
I Can a document (form) approval record be separate? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
L Form-dependent position prevention control FMEA and Control Plans 1
Y Blank Fields on CAPA Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
P AS9102 Form 3 Dimension Results Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-12 Designating authority’s final assessment form: Key Information Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
B Documenting hardware on Form 2 of AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Nonconformity for missing form number on the job description document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Interesting article form the UNIDO Magazine - CSR: a wolf in sheep’s clothing? Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 16
R Process Specification - What is the name of this PPAP form? APQP and PPAP 15
GreatNate Document Control info - What is required on a controlled form/document for ISO 9001: 2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
G I-chart form for GM GP-12 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
B AS9102 COTS Form 1 vs. 2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - General form for incoming part inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
S C of C release with accompanying EASA Form 1 for EASA Part 145 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0