Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Forms Master List versus Record Matrix

QualiTEE

Starting to get Involved
We have a master list of forms (contains: Form Identification, Rev Level, Description of Current Rev Level) and an additional matrix of records (contains: Form Identification, Department of Use, Retention, Storage, Retrieval, Protections, Disposition).

Does anybody combine the two into one document? Seems easier to control.

Also, when revising a form, is it good practice to actually document what changed (besides revision level... things such as "revised header; changed color coding, new layout") ? We keep copies of all old form revisions in an "obsolete" electronic file. I'm looking to downsize some of our paperwork.

Last edited:

L.Soad

Involved In Discussions
We have a master list of forms (contains: Form Identification, Rev Level, Description of Current Rev Level) and an additional matrix of records (contains: Form Identification, Department of Use, Retention, Storage, Retrieval, Protections, Disposition).

Does anybody combine the two into one document? Seems easier to control.

Also, when revising a form, is it good practice to actually document what changed (besides revision level... things such as "revised header; changed color coding, new layout") ? We keep copies of all old form revisions in an "obsolete" electronic file. I'm looking to downsize some of our paperwork.
We have the 2 combined, i think it's easier if you have all the info in 1 place (as long as you keep all the important informations). we also document the changes (without going into too much detail, like the exemples you provided), and keep our old documents revisions in «archives» .

PS: we also document «who made the changes».

Top Bottom