Formula Data Validation Set for Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk

B

Barahir

Help me out folks, my Google-fu is failing me this morning.

I have inherited a spreadsheet that we use to calculate Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk. I want to make sure that everything is kosher and thought I remembered somewhere a set of sample dataset that had both data and what the correct results should be that one could use to validate the method they were using for calculation.

Maybe I imagined it? If not, could someone point me in the right direction?:thanx:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Re: formula data validation set

See the Ford SW Validation dataset file attached to this thread. Don't be put off by the references to MSA. The file contains three tabs. The second tab is validation data for MSA and the third tab is validation data for calculating Cpk and Ppk. The expected results are provided.

rkagrawala

Registered
Hi - This file was released for MSA Third Edition. I've also found it in the depths of Ford's portal back when I used to have access sveral years ago, but no longer do.
Has this file ever been updated by Ford (or a different version released by another reputable source) applicable to 4th edition?
Or is this data also suitable for use with the 4th edition sheets/software?
I think it may be; I've entered it and it gives the same results. But I would rather have something that has been vetted for 4th edition, even if for no other reason than to avoid questions.

Thanks,
-Raj

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
While the changes to the MSA manual between 3 and 4 were indeed substantial, including the formulas, the actual results of the calculations did not change. Therefore, the validation data set may still be used.

rkagrawala

Registered
While the changes to the MSA manual between 3 and 4 were indeed substantial, including the formulas, the actual results of the calculations did not change. Therefore, the validation data set may still be used.

Excellent answer. I figured as such but kind of needed to hear someone else say so. :)
Thanks very much!
-Raj

Top Bottom