Formula for Calculating NoGo Major Diameter for UN gages

I have been looking in ASME B1.2 and B1.1 looking for a basic formula to give me nominal values for Major Diameters on the NoGos, but I have been unsuccessful. I know how to calculate it for metric, but not standard. Does anyone know where it is in these documents, or better yet, what the formula is here?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I have been looking in ASME B1.2 and B1.1 looking for a basic formula to give me nominal values for Major Diameters on the NoGos, but I have been unsuccessful. I know how to calculate it for metric, but not standard. Does anyone know where it is in these documents, or better yet, what the formula is here?
Calculating the specification to thread dimensions is not required as they are all listed in the thread specification tables. The H-28 is the manual is very old but but the sizes haven to chnaged. It is very likely that you can find standard thread specifications in a machinery handbook, but not likely those for gages. H-28 can be downloaded for free.

Calculating the specification to thread dimensions is not required as they are all listed in the thread specification tables. The H-28 is the manual is very old but but the sizes haven to chnaged. It is very likely that you can find standard thread specifications in a machinery handbook, but not likely those for gages. H-28 can be downloaded for free.
I am very familiar with Fed. STD H-28, however some customers do indeed have sizes not listed in either ASME B.2. Standards. I believe i did end up finding a formula since my last post and updated my excel template i created for the calibration of these plugs. I would have to open it up to see, if you're interested. Thank you for responding!

I should have noted earlier just to buy the AS8879 from SAE, $83. Just make sure you buy the most current one, they will sell you old stuff.

I am very familiar with Fed. STD H-28, however some customers do indeed have sizes not listed in either ASME B.2. Standards. I believe i did end up finding a formula since my last post and updated my excel template i created for the calibration of these plugs. I would have to open it up to see, if you're interested. Thank you for responding!
I wrote a program to calculate the thread gage sizes back in 1988 for an HP41cv. I still have that calculator but I doubt if it has that program in its memory. Never tried to write something that complicated in excel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I AQL Formula in Excel - Calculating Sample Size based on an AQL Chart AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
D Formula for Calculating Warp Measurement of Corrugated Boxes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Formula for calculating Money Value equivalent to 1% FPY (First Pass Yield) Six Sigma 5
C Formula for Calculating Confidence Interval at 90% Confidence Level Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
R What is the correct formula for calculating part variation (PV)? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M Comparative Test - The right formula for calculating the number of samples needed? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J Unbiasing Constant "d4" formula Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
A Excel OOT (Out of Tolerance) Formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
J CMM Accuracy Formula General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
I Formula in the Annex of IEC 61000-4-3 - How is k=7 determined? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
Z Inspection Form With Pass/Fail Formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 11
S used excel formula calculated the ARL's with Rule1&Rule2 for Shewhart control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
A Cpk Formula seems off, need help!? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
L Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio formula check Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
S Scrap % Calculation Formula Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
P IF formula - Excel 2003 Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
J Bias formula in MSA 4th Edition vs 3rd Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
N Formula that will calculate the NoGo Major Diameter of an M20 x 1.5 6H Thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Formula to tie together - Confidence/Reliability Level AQL? LTPD? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
F How to Calculate the unbiased Standard Deviation in Excel using Minitab Formula Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
M Dimension Report Formula .xlsx Editable Spreadsheet Form Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 24
M Should I use binomial or Poisson distribution formula? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
F Excel I want to use the count I get in another formula Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
M Formula for Bell Shape in Excel Using Minitab Software 1
M What is the formula to create a bell curve? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 8
P Does anyone have the GRR Formula? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M Standard Deviation Estimation Formula - Student Question Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Barahir Formula Data Validation Set for Cp, Cpk, Pp & Ppk Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
B Attrition Rate and the formula to calculate Attrition Rate Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Demonstration Reliability Test Formula with allowance for 'x' Failures Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
N Is there a formula to link words in Excel sheet to a graph? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
N Linear Regression Formula with Four Variables to a Power Regression Formula Using Minitab Software 2
M MSA - According to the formula cg how much tolerance should be put in place? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
F SPC Newbie looking for Excel Spreadsheet formula for a sample size of 40 components Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
A Bias Linearity Stability MSA Excel File with Formula Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J Repeatability Standard Deviation Formula in MSA 4th Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
M Formula for Prioritizing Engineering Change Requests (ECR)? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Z KPI Formula Issue - "Change Requests Managed" = Changed/Total ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
O Which role plays Inverse cdf of a Standard Normal Distribution in Formula for Z-Bench Using Minitab Software 8
D Route Delivery Efficiency Formula - Miles driven, number of deliveries, and time(hrs) Benchmarking 3
S Formula used in Minitab 16 - "Pooled Standard Deviation" Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
X Microsoft Excel 2003 Formula Restrictions Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
T Gage R&R Sheet Formula error?! NDC less than 4 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
C Sample Size Calculation Formula for Process Capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 25
Q Accuracy: Is there a specific formula to compute Measurement Device Accuracy? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Rameshwar25 Manual Formula for p-value Calculation for MSA Analysis Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
D Ring Gauges P.D Formula using "Ball Rounded Teeth" General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
B Problem with Reliability and Availability Formula Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 8
N Usability Formula to Predict Use Error Reduction IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 6
S Linearity Calculation Worksheet (including formula) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1