Forum News Letter - Initial notification - Asking for your comments

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
There has been a fair amount of interest in a monthly newsletter. In the past I have been afraid of a news letter because I don't want anyone to associate spam with my web site. So.... I have formulated an 'initial' e-mail which I plan to send to all registered users. I would appreciate your comments before I send it. It reads:
Hello from the Elsmar Cove!

Hi! My name is Marc Smith. I'm the fellow who has kept the Elsmar Cove web site online since January 1996.

I am writing you because:

1. Many people have registered over the years in the forums. Many have come and gone and their e-mail addressed are long 'dead'. I want to mark them as such in the user database. To know which e-mail addresses are dead, I have to e-mail each registered visitor and see if the e-mail bounces.

2. I am considering sending out a monthly news letter. Many people have expressed an interest in a monthly 'Elsmar Cove' news letter. In this e-mail, at this time, I want to tell you beforehand how to 'opt out' from receiving any future mailings. I hate spam, as I'm sure you do. The last thing I want is for anyone to think they *have* to receive the newsletter. So - You registered in the Elsmar Cove forums. All you have to do is go to your *User Options* ( http://Elsmar.com/Forums/profile.php?do=editoptions ), scroll down to *Messaging & Notification* block under which you will see *Receive Email* and then below that *Receive Email from Administrators* with a check box. If you 'uncheck' that box you will not receive the newsletter.

Now - If you use that link and you erased cookies since your last visit, or if you did not have 'Remember Me' checked, it will ask you for your user name and password because the software will not recognize you.

Your user name: If you've forgotten, it is $username

Your e-mail address is $email - If you would like to change where you receive e-mail, please go to:
http://Elsmar.com/Forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

If yu have forgotten your password, go to this page:
http://Elsmar.com/Forums/login.php?do=lostpw
The e-mail address you first registered with will be required. If it has changed, e-mail me at http://Elsmar.com/Forums/sendmessage.php and I'll help you.

While I hope you don't 'opt out' from the news letter (it will be short and to the point without 'bloat'), I'll understand if you do. You can always opt out at any time, so I do hope you'll wait for the first news letter before you do so.

I don't want to make this long - But I do want to bring to your attention an article by Allan J. Sayle Titled "Towards a global cyber institute". The thread is http://Elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=12152

I want to thank you for reading this and if you have any trouble with the 'opt out' process, e-mail me at: http://Elsmar.com/Forums/sendmessage.php and I'll help you.

Regards,

Marc Smith
Your suggestions and/or comments?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Greg B

Marc,

I think it is a great idea. I don't think everyone reads the 'Stickys' when they should so important info may be missed. :agree1:

J

Jim Howe

I like the idea, but as you are aware the company spam blocker does not permit me to receive e-mail threads from the cove. I am hoping the newsletter will come through but if it doenot please do not erase me!
Thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Crusader New Forum Members... WELCOME! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Informational Fourth WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices REPORT Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc Problem with 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) sub-forum link - 2 May 2019 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
M Informational Publication of Draft Health Canada Implementation Guidance for the International Medical Device Regulators Forum Table of Contents Format Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Sidney Vianna Informational TIA (Telecommunications Industry Association) and QuEST Forum Announce Merger TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 0
Marc Sorting Forum Listings (Filterss) - 19 November 2018 Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
Marc User Agents of Forum Visitors - 6 November 2018 Forum News and General Information 0
Marc Latest Posts in Right Sidebar on the Forum Listing Home Page Forum News and General Information 6
Marc Buy-Sell Forum Cleaned Up - 20181029 Buy, Sell or Trade - NO Commercial Advertisements 0
Proud Liberal Collapsing Forum FAQ threads Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 4
Marc Forum User Name - I Want to Change my Forum User Name Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
A Welcome to the MedAccred Forum! MedAccred Industry Group Program 0
Sidney Vianna Optimizing Standards for Regulatory Use - International Medical Dev. Regulators Forum Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Marc GDPR - EU Directive 2016/679 and the Elsmar Cove Discussion Forum Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 3
Marc January 2018 - Forum Software Opinions Forum News and General Information 5
Marc Plagiarism in Elsmar Cove Forum Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Rules for Posting in the Paid Consulting, Training and Services Forum Paid Consulting, Training and Services 3
Marc The "Reading Room" forum is still here The Reading Room 5
Marc IAF (international accreditation forum) - Mandatory Documents (MD Series) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
BradM The Cove's Sister: Quality Forum Online Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
T Special Thanks to Everyone in this Forum! AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
Marc Paid Consulting and Services Forum Consultants and Consulting 2
I Is there a Canadian Aviation Regulations discussion forum? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
Marc Calibration Frequency (Interval) Discussions Sub-Forum General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Marc Measurement Uncertainty Discussion Sub-Forum General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Marc Polish Language Quality and Standards Forum Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
B Any forum at par with Elsmar Cove for Network and System Administration? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Thanks for your help in the Elsmar forum IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
N Elsmar Cove Forum - What an amazing place Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
P IMDRF (International Medical Devices Regulators Forum)guidance on standalone software Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
Marc Just for fun - How did you find the Elsmar Discussion Forum Forum News and General Information 9
M New Forum Member Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
somashekar Any forum visitors here a member in www.bni.com? Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 2
M Introduction to the Medical IT, Medical software and Health Informatics forum Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
Claes Gefvenberg Those strange forum dwellers... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
A Does Anybody use APIS (IQ-FMEA) Software in this forum? FMEA and Control Plans 2
BradM Six Sigma Forum - Suggested reference threads Six Sigma 0
Richard Regalado Elsmar Cove BCP - Continuity of the forum when disaster strikes Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 11
E Could a BBS (internal forum like phpBB) be used as a Document Control System? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
H Happy Birthday to the Elsmar Cove Forum - January 2012 Covegratulations 25
Ajit Basrur GHTF evolves into International Medical Device Regulators' Forum (IMDRF) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
P WHO's Second Global Forum on Medical Devices ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
J Gals and Guys on the Forum - What say about this? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 24
Marc Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) - New Forum Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 14
E Missed Regular Forum Visitors and Moderators Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
Sidney Vianna New IAF (International Accreditation Forum) Informative Documents (ID Series) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
Marc New Forum - ISO/IEC 27000 - 7 June 2010 IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 5
Marc New Forum - ISO/IEC 20000 - 7 June 2010 IT (Information Technology) Service Management 0
somashekar The International Accreditation Forum (IAF) Mandatory Document-MD5 General Auditing Discussions 2
P IAQG General Assembly Forum - Anybody out there attending? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1