Four Audits in One Month

L

Laura M

Audits/month

Aaack - I may not be very active these days....Why?

4 audits this month. Call it poor planning. Maybe.

Here's the lineup-

Oct 13-14th consulting relationship - PASSED ISO9001:2000 - Initial assessment
Oct 16-17th - I'm on staff there 1-2 days/week, as management rep of a small shop. So far so good after one day.
Oct 23-24th - consulting relationship of an Y2K Upgrade audit. Brought in 'at the last minute' on some internal audit issues, so I have a bit less responsibility.
Oct 28-30th - Another Part/time management rep scenario, 6 days/month, Initial assessment.

Anyone else done 4 audits in a month? Shall I take November off? Shall I have my sanity checked?

Just the way the deck of cards stacked up around August when plans were being finalized. In fact, I pushed another off till December.

Well - at least it explains my lack of participation here in the meaningful threads.

Ciao!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Laura M said:
Anyone else done 4 audits in a month? -Yes.
Shall I take November off? -Yes.
Shall I have my sanity checked? -Yes.
Happens to all of us Laura, just don't make it a habit... :biglaugh: (I've been enjoying a pretty jammed schedule myself).

/Claes

L

Laura M

Thanks Howard. I've heard that before, but don't usually think about it as it applies to me. After today it'll be 2 down, 2 to go. I'm sure it'll be one of the huge accomplishment feelings at the end of the month. "Bring it on.. if I can handle this, I can handle anything!" :bonk: :smokin:

Hopefully there will be a few folks needing my services next year! I haven't really had a chance to look that far ahead.

Edit...ooops - just saw the imbedded "yes's" in the 1st reply. OK - November off. Thanks for the advice!!!! I probably don't want the results of the sanity check!

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Randy Stewart

Laura,
Happens to me this time every year! GAO audit, ISO 14K, QS and 5 facilities.
I've found that a nice crisp November night with a good fire and some brandied cider is a great stress reliever! :smokin:

A

Aaron Lupo

Boy does it happen. I have a "regular" full-time job and do subcontract audits as well. In the last 2 months I have done 6 ISO audits, had our upgrade audit for 9K2K, and 4 customer audits and October is not even over yet. Lets see, last time I actually had a day off was I think December of last year.

L

Laura M

Auditee or Auditor

ISO GUY said:
Boy does it happen. I have a "regular" full-time job and do subcontract audits as well. In the last 2 months I have done 6 ISO audits, had our upgrade audit for 9K2K, and 4 customer audits and October is not even over yet. Lets see, last time I actually had a day off was I think December of last year.
Well, you need to find some time off!! As I read, tho, are you the auditee or the auditor? (for the subcontract). Is being audited harder than auditing? Not sure I know. Probably equal on both ends in some regard. The auditee has the fear of 'failure' - the 'auditor' has that uncomfortable 'everybody hates me' feeling. I'm the auditee in my list. Those who can do....

A

Aaron Lupo

Laura M said:
Well, you need to find some time off!! As I read, tho, are you the auditee or the auditor? (for the subcontract). Is being audited harder than auditing? Not sure I know. Probably equal on both ends in some regard. The auditee has the fear of 'failure' - the 'auditor' has that uncomfortable 'everybody hates me' feeling. I'm the auditee in my list. Those who can do....
For the subcontract audits I am the auditor. I would say that doing the auditing is easier than being audited. It is much easier to walk in as the quote unquote expert, people tend to take what you say as true unless you are way off base. On the other hand being audited can be very painful at times because you have someone from the outside looking at your baby (your system) and telling you that you have an ugly baby. :biglaugh: One thing you have to remember is that your customers all want something different or they interpret a part of the standard different than you last client. Then there are the internal audits which are a nightmare, everyone hates the person doing the internal audits! If I had my choice I would rather be doing subcontract audits, then dealing with client audits and last internal audits.

Time off is just not possible.

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
I've done a few audits myself over the past few weeks. How's this:

9/22 & 9/23 - gap analysis for new consulting client
9/24 & 9/25 - lead 1st internal audit for consulting client
9/26 - surveillance audit for registrar
10/1 ~ 10/3 - pre-assessment audit
10/10 - contract internal audit

The week with 3 audits was a killer, since I had to write audit reports for each of these on my own time. BTW, I agree with Claes - Is it OK if I take November off too?

L

Laura M

Audits

I guess the good news is we are busy! With all of mine being registration audits (2 new, 1 upgrade, 1 continuing) I've been doing my share of internal auditing for these folks as well.

From the song "I'm just a girl who can't say no...." I've already scheduled 2 days the first week of Nov. I've had a few unfinished projects around the house for the remaining 3. Fortunately things slow to a manageable pace for the end of the year. My biggest audit is next week. Halloween Friday is definately a play day for me!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Four Key Performance Indicators for Continual Improvement (Dec. 3 2019) [Deleted] Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Watchcat Four NBs now designated under the MDR - August 2019 EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Marc A Four Day Work Week - Reuters - Dec 2018 After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
A New to Calibration - Four Questions General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
W Problems with our new Auditor (a Ph.D. with four months experience) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 25
Marc Modified Google Glass can teach you Morse Code in four hours World News 0
E ANOVA for Taguchi method - Four factors and three levels and nine runs (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 6
R Product Name when Marketing four components as part of one product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
L I have four groups to compare, and each group has three samples Using Minitab Software 4
N Linear Regression Formula with Four Variables to a Power Regression Formula Using Minitab Software 2
D Are Four Sigma Control Limits based on Shewhart's work Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Wes Bucey Four "Power Tips" for your resume (and interview!) Career and Occupation Discussions 0
C Who offers Four Year Degree in Quality Management Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
bobdoering Dr. Wheeler on "How Measurement Error Affects the Four Ways We Use Data" Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 0
I Process Efficiency with Four Different Processes Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Sidney Vianna The last four minutes of Air France flight 447 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 7
N Four CMMs and would like to write programs for intermediate checks General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Stijloor Four Tops vocalist Levi Stubbs dies at 72 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
T Four Procedures I need examples of Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S What is IMDS? Does Any kind of other thing other then four wheel manufacturing? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
J Calculating the overall MTTR for an MTBF of 476, given four subsystems Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
A Be Popular at Work: Four Steps Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
C Simple four-box process model - Referenced in ASQ Process-based auditing course General Auditing Discussions 5
E Multiple Registrations at One Site - Operations were Separated - Four different QMS's ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
I Fast Runs - Four lots, one day each, every month - What chart to use? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D QS-9000 / ISO9000 Procedures - Four Questions about Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A What is included in the Four Tiers of Documentation Pyramid? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Obligation to accept customer audits? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
C Internal Audits in a tiny Dx Company Internal Auditing 33
H ISO 13485 - Separate Microbiology Audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Question on ISO 14001:2015 - Are annual audits required? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
H Remote product audits in Coivd-19 - IATF 16949 9.2.2.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N Sampling Plan for Internal Audits - ISO 2859 or 3951 - Or Neither? Internal Auditing 6
O ISO13485 implementation - Are internal audits expected before stage 1 audit? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
JoCam Increase to bi-annual ISO 13485 audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Supplier Audits in the wake of COVID-19 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
O Informational Scaling back internal audits due to corona virus while avoiding a NC Internal Auditing 7
R Is it required to have an SOP for external audits? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
G Internal Audits and Employee engagement Internal Auditing 16
D Root Cause for Missed Audits Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
M Notified Body audits -Class Ia medical device product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Internal audit discrepancy - We missed a few audits that were scheduled Internal Auditing 12
C Design and implementation of process audits as defined within IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
F ISO 17025 8.8 Internal Audits in a segmented company ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
J Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
qualprod Internal Audits - Categories of non conformances Internal Auditing 12