Four Audits in One Month

L

Laura M

Not counting chickens just yet...

...but one more day and I'm 4 for 4. Wooo Hoooo.

Randy

Super Moderator
Within the next month I have 2 registration and 3 surveillance audits for a couple of registrars plus 1 more Lead Auditor course and 3 small courses to do. I'll be home a total of 3.5 days.

Ka-chingggggggggggggggg ;)

Kevin Mader

One of THE Original Covers!
Leader
Admin
Caffiene!! It'll give you the edge (one way or another)!!! :vfunny:

Hang tough. I know you have it in you to make it, and in the process, do it well.

Regards,

Kevin

L

Laura M

Thanks

Well, all done. 4 for 4.

Todays agenda - Pumpkins. I've been so negligent around here. I'm usually the pumpkin capital of the neighborhood. Its a beautiful day, so I'm heading in for the luncheon celebration at the audit that just finished, and coming home to get the house decorated. Never a dull moment.

(PS - thanks to the Cove, I was told yesterday that "It is THE BEST interpretation of the intent of ISO, and the process approach that he has seen." )

Thanks everyone...time to party!

Laura

P

pthareja

15/30 audits

The norm here for one of the Certification body, for their employees, is to audit 15 man days per month. Pretty economical for the CB. eh! Don't drop below 10, I presume. Extra job is outsourced to empanelled auditors.

Well! auditing is routine for some. Taxing for most. 4/4. When do we add the second spell of this set......

pthareja

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
pthareja said:
The norm here for one of the Certification body, for their employees, is to audit 15 man days per month. Pretty economical for the CB. eh! Don't drop below 10, I presume. Extra job is outsourced to empanelled auditors.
What is your reply based upon?

A

AllanJ

I unearthed this thread, the content of which intrigued me a lot for what it did not ask as much as for what it might infer.

It seems to concentrate on "quantity of audits". But is not the "quality" of the audits of greater importance?

We all know the pressures put on a Q department. Too frequently "audits" are done so as to have a report on file saying that something was audited. But, in our hearts, do we really feel we are being as thorough as we should be? Is the time available the time REALLY needed to effectively audit or is it only what we feel management would give us without too much resentment?

So, my questions to the Covers are: are you really comfortable when you are required to do as many audits as were cited in this thread?
Do you HONESTLY feel the audits being done are of the "quality" and thoroughness required?
If we could get the amount of time we would have really liked, would that have helped show people we really have more to offer than they probably, currently imagine?

This is a chance for some "cathartic" release.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
AllanJ,

I agree with you that quality of an assessment should be more important.

Now let me throw a monkey wrench (sorry Claes, an adjustable cresent wrench) into the works. Anyone covers who work for accredited tests labs likely know the multitude of audits only too well.

Many test labs carry multiple accreditations under ISO/IEC 17025 or specific requirements. An example is a lab that may have 17025 accreditation from IAS and A2LA and SCC, plus Metro-Dade certification, City of LA, AASHTO, etc.

Why? Not every jurisdiction will accept everyone else. Even though IAS, A2LA, and SCC accept each other for testing, a building official in a given jurisdiction may want only one of them and not the others. That, as the specifying authority is their priviledge, but does put a burden on the test labs.

I am not trying to cast any issue towards anyone, only to point out that some sectors can easily relate to multiple audits - and in an on-going basis.

Any test labs folks out there care to contribute?

Hershal

Top Bottom