Free Sales certificates for Medical Devices - List of countries

globatron

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

I would be interested to see whether anyone of you has experience with free sales certificates for medical devices. Does anyone of you have a list of countries that would accept free sales certificates from an EU country? And would this also be the case for class 1 devices where CE conformity is self-declared?

Thanks a lot!

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
FSC is not regulatory clearance by itself. I've seen it mostly being used as part of a regulatory submissions in Asian countries were the FSC is one of the submission deliverables. In the case of class I devices, I suppose the FSC together with ISO 13485 certificate is the best you've got, but I doubt these alone will give market access outside the EU; Maybe in some African countries.

globatron

Starting to get Involved
ok thanks a lot, I know that you would still have to submit in each of the markets you are intending to use the free sales certificates, but as a starting point, does anyone know which countries are accepting them at all?

Thanks again

Sicco

Involved In Discussions
Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Myanmar, Iran, Egypt... as part of your registration submission. Ask your local distributors...
But anyway you cannot get FSC (In EU) without EC Cert and FSC alone is not enough for registration in these countries.

Top Bottom