Frequency of self control and costs - Justification for 4 Hours vs. Every Hour

R

rui12524

Frequency of self control and costs

It came to my mind one of these days the fact that the operators in the injection moulding plant I work have to register every hour the QC of attributes; the calculated costs for a year are above $50.000, so I am thinking about chancing the period to 4 hours. Justification (besides the economic one): the QC work is done not on the PC when they register, but in the machines, when the operators transfer the parts to the box.
Question: Is this acceptable in the eyes of a TS auditor (of course, the customer’s requisites have to be contemplated)?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

RMC - That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. We are also IM and our checks are recorded once every shift. The checks are done by our QC inspector. The operator (at the machine) is also looking at the parts and if they show a problem, we would take appropriate action (and document that). The operators don't make any PC entries.

As you say, if customer requirements don't conflict, there is no reason why you can't require data entry at wider intervals. You are required to control the process - how and how often is up to you.

Having said that, if the part had a PPAP and if the interval is listed on the control plan, you will probably need the customer's agreement to change the interval.

Dave

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Having said that, if the part had a PPAP and if the interval is listed on the control plan, you will probably need the customer's agreement to change the interval.
Do you also notify your customer when you increase frequency or sample size?

I, typically, don't notify my customers of changes as long as I have the documentation that "backs up" the change (a high Cpk, for instance). That, plus the fact that my customers (Tier 1 and B3) don't manage submissions in the most effective manner!!.:rolleyes: My only exception is a designated SAFETY characteristic.

Hope I'm not off track with this response.

Bill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Gage calibration frequency, ISO and IATF - What are the requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
Z IEC 60601-2-25; Frequency response test Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Procedure, Frequency and Acceptance Criteria for Replicate, Recalibration, Before-After and Intermediate Checks ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
qualprod To set frequency to review documents in ISO 9001 7.5? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
M Defining frequency of measurement tools callibration Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
M Define voltage and frequency to perform tests 61010-1 and 61326-1 for CE certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
L Calibration Frequency for Surftest SJ-400 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
D Determining Calibration Frequency schedule for items used in production Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
H Frequency of shelf life/sterilization/bench studies conducted on a medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
M RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) Registration in Europe and in MENA countries EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Leakage current measurement with non-frequency-weighted device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S Requirements for Interval Measurement test & Frequency Response test clarification IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
B Radiation Sterilization Dose Audit: Bioburden frequency Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
bobdoering SPC Charting frequency calculator for X hi/lo chart Imported Legacy Blogs 0
D IATF 16949 surveillance audit frequency IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
C AS9100 rev D 8.5.1 c 2 - Defining the Machine in-process frequency per ANSI/ASQ Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
J 95% reliability for calibration frequency Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
R Internal Audit Frequency - Remote Site (a Design Center) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Periodic Audit Trail Review - Scope, Content & Frequency Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 10
JoCam Required Frequency of Notified Body reviews of Technical Files EU Medical Device Regulations 6
J AMS 2750E System Accuracy Test (SAT) Frequency AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B MHRA Unannounced Audits Frequency Changed? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P IATF 16949 - Internal Audit Frequency Requirements Internal Auditing 2
P Frequency and Sample Size Requirements for an MSA Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Q Objective and Goals - ISO 9001:2008 Frequency Revision Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Q RFID (radio frequency identification) registration for Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
G Sequence and Frequency of Calibration for Thread Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
N Tool frequency change - Data Analysis needed Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
GStough Adequately Defining Which Suppliers to Audit and Frequency Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
Y FDA's Inspection Frequency for Foreign Manufacturer Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
R TS 16949 Process Re-Validation Frequency Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Marc Calibration Frequency (Interval) Discussions Sub-Forum General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
kedarg6500 Could I have a recalibration frequency of +/- 15 days ? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 23
J Appropriate In-Process Monitoring Frequency for 2X per day Change Set-Up. Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
S Recertification Frequency for TS 16949 Lead Auditors General Auditing Discussions 4
Gman2 Frequency of Internal Audits per TS 16949 Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
J Digital Scale Re-Calibration Interval Frequency General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
M A Guide or Standard for Calibration Interval (Frequency) Calibration Frequency (Interval) 2
P Frequency of Bioburden Testing EU Medical Device Regulations 3
smryan Weight Calibration Standards - External Calibration Frequency General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
G UID Compliance Verifier Calibration Test Card Calibration Frequency General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Why is 10 MHz cited as the reference frequency? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
M Decrease frequency of inspection based on results Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S How to incorporate a customers special inspection frequency in our control plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
Q Can we go by different Calibration Frequency vs. What's on the Certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
corg79 How to Reduce Inspection Frequency in Metal Stamping Company Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
A Dietary Supplement Supplier Re-qualification Frequency and Criteria? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
K Pin Gage Use vs. Calibration Frequency Calibration Frequency (Interval) 13
D TS 16949 Gage R&R Frequency Requirements Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9