FSC Due Diligence System (DDS) summary report...

Hi Folks, not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this one but hoping someone can help me out...

I've inherited the responsibility for conducting the review of our Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) Due Diligence System (DDS) and producing our annual summary report.

This is part of the requirements for the FSC Chain of Custody standard. We basically have to check that our suppliers are sourcing their materials from suppliers and forests that are sustainabily managed and not from disputed / illegal sources.

Thankfully, we do not have a lot of FSC Suppliers (we have 16) and, as far as I can tell from previous reports, they all source their materials from sustainabily managed forests throughout Central Europe / EU and not from conflict zones etc.

Previous reports are "a bit sketchy" and before I inherited the system the previous incumbent had a few minor NCRs against them for their style of reporting...

So, what I am currently doing is reviewing the DDS summary reports that I have so far recieved from our suppliers and using their data for our report... summarising, of course, my methodology and our own risk analysis of each.

I think I'm going about it the right way but would love to hear if anyone else has any experience with this.

Many thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Countries with no need for FSC (Free sales certificate) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Argentina Asked for FSC Hard-Copy Edition Only Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Medical Device Registration in Argentina - Client asks us to provide “European FSC” Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
M Free Sale Certificate FSC / CFS - China China Medical Device Regulations 4
A FSC not accepted by authorities in Argentina - Does any one know why? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
L Free Sale Certificate (FSC) in different language for Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
N Foreign Manufacturer requesting FDA's CFG over their country's FSC 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
L Exportation Certificate vs. Free Sale Certificate (FSC) in Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
T Auditors Reach - FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certification Audit Nonconformance Internal Auditing 12
S FSC Chain of Custody - Volume Control & Conversion Factors Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
B PEFC (Endorsement of Forest Certification) vs. FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
B FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Chain of Custody procedure examples wanted Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
R Calibration due dates. Using GAGEpack Software 3
D AS9120 to AS9100 due to value added activities AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
D Supplier OTD Slip Due to Shipping Delays or Natural Disaster AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Calibration Due date-Critical Connie General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
A Transaction - Due Dilligence CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
A ISO 9001 Internal Audits - No production right now due to furloughs Internal Auditing 5
P MedWatch Report from a hospital due to a quality issue US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
T AS9100 audit due to facility move AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
W Next Calibration Due Date Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
NDesouza FAI Due Date Calculator AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
W Allowing our IATF to Expire Due to Relocation. Any Backlash? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
F Change to Formulation due to Reach (China Medical Device Regulations) China Medical Device Regulations 0
R External Audit and Certificate prorogation due to the pandemic General Auditing Discussions 10
M Extraordinary measures due to COVID Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Major nonconformity due to recurrence of a NC during a subsequent CB audit. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
I IATF 2016 - 8.5.1.4 Verification after shutdown due to COVID19 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
I Reissuing documents due to missing version / issue numbers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
O Informational Scaling back internal audits due to corona virus while avoiding a NC Internal Auditing 7
D Postpone IATF 16949 audit due to COVID-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 41
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
S Returned product due to Customers fault, is it a Non-Conformance? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
R DCMA QAS is holding up shipments of product due to them being late AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
V "Manufacturer Symbol on Device is missed due to space constraint" EU requirement EU Medical Device Regulations 11
B [Help] Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
F MDR ISO 13485 for Class I sw/hw company to be class II due dates ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Help with Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
M We still have not received our certificate due to a 'backlog' with our auditing body Registrars and Notified Bodies 25
G Is the calibration due date of equipment used to be on calibration certificate ISO 17025 related Discussions 38
K Risk Analysis Updates due to complaints ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 10
G Informational Is Past due calibration a non-conformance if tagged "Do Not Use"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
E CAR (Corrective Action Request) Due Dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
A ISO 14001:2015 transition audit - Major NC due to the procedure and audit plan ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 10
J AS9100D Clause Brain Fade - Tool was past due for Calibration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
E Non Conformity due to Outsourced Internal Audit Error ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
I Delta FAIR due to a Drawing Change AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
G Example of Calibration Due Reminders to Leads, Managers & Directors General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Issue with CAPA system - Should Over Due CAs warrant a CAPA? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 17