Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Fuel tank issue (FOD) hits Boeing’s 737 MAX - Feb 2020

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have read a few articles that opined that things started down hill when Boeing upper management moved to Chicago.
That's a nice coincidence (or is it?) - the University of Chicago school of economics brewed Friedman and Greenspan = totally free markets, economical efficiency above all, bottom line is king. Makes sense.

Mike S.

An Early 'Cover'
Trusted
I know it's impossible, but if the people that QC'd those airplanes had to sit in them during the test/acceptance flights like I had to these BS faults would disappear fast. As and aircraft QA/QC your watchfulness changes real fast when you have to strap the thing to your butt and do all the "validation" personally.
Heck put the BOD and top management in there, too, for test/acceptance flights. I like it.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted
Boeing might be a tech powerhouse, but that's just a by product. It's not its primary goal to excel technologically. Its primary goal (like any contemporary mega corporate) is to generate profit, theoretically for shareholders, but vide the Agency Problem. That should explain at least points 1 & 3 of yours. In the current general economical atmosphere/trend this is nothing of wonder.
Yep Ronen...and a slight amplification....nothig worse than when one quotes a thrid party without proper attribution....the above quotes are from several recent Seattle Times articles...and btw the Seattle Times team, has done a good job reporting on this....and just received a George Polk award for the same...

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Super Moderator
nothig worse than when one quotes a thrid party without proper attribution....the above quotes are from several recent Seattle Times articles
Not sure who you're referring to. If you referred to me "quoting" anything, I assure you that what I wrote was purely my own original thoughts. I never read the Seattle Times (or heard of it for that matter). Sorry if I accidentally said something someone already said.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted
Hi Ronen, the above comment was meant solely for my benefit as a reminder for me, no slight intended, many times espeically on great sites like this one, I get all amped up to share an opinion or insight and forget good web ettiquette ...thanks again...Cheers Optomist1

Top Bottom