Full Job Description and Responsibilities in ISO 9000?

Q

QAMTY

Hi everybody

I have a doubt and hope to receive feedback

For example in a company:

Where people work and several position exist performing a Job.

When involved in ISO 9000 systems and developing procedures
for Design and development (7.3)

E.g, in a certain procedure are defined the responsibilities
of each position (e.g. mechanic engineer) but in this procedure
only are included responsibilities for this particular procedure, however
this guy has much more.

In ISO Clauses, Where should I include the full responsibilities of him?

Should It be my responsibility as Quality Coordinator to create
a special document describing all of this?

Could this be like a JOb description?

Could this be a task of HR department? but not part of the Quality System?

P.D.

In my knnowledge

a Job Description contains several issues

-Purpose of position-
-Responsabilities
-Functions
-Academic preparation
-etc.

What are your points of view?

Thanks a lot in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Full Job Description in ISO 9000?

Well, as you no doubt know, ISO 9001 does not require job descriptions as such. It does require that responsibilities and authorities are defined and communicated. (Clause 5.5.1)

Alternatives to job descriptions (if you want to) could include describing responsibilities in procedures and work instructions, or in a quality plan or a project plan or wherever you like. As long as people know what they are responsible for and it works for you.

K

Ka Pilo

Hi everybody

I have a doubt and hope to receive feedback

For example in a company:

Where people work and several position exist performing a Job.

When involved in ISO 9000 systems and developing procedures
for Design and development (7.3)

E.g, in a certain procedure are defined the responsibilities
of each position (e.g. mechanic engineer) but in this procedure
only are included responsibilities for this particular procedure, however
this guy has much more.

In ISO Clauses, Where should I include the full responsibilities of him?

Should It be my responsibility as Quality Coordinator to create
a special document describing all of this?

Could this be like a JOb description?

Could this be a task of HR department? but not part of the Quality System?

P.D.

In my knnowledge

a Job Description contains several issues

-Purpose of position-
-Responsabilities
-Functions
-Academic preparation
-etc.

What are your points of view?

Thanks a lot in advance
It should be stated in a job description. Normally, the Department Head is responsible for ensuring that a particular document (e.g. procedure) being used by his department is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It should be stated in a job description. Normally, the Department Head is responsible for ensuring that a particular document (e.g. procedure) being used by his department is necessary and that it reflects actual practice.
Job descriptions are not a specific requirement of ISO 9001. We've alread established this fact, so to say that they are is perpetuating a falsehood.

J

james_r

Job descriptions are not a specific requirement of ISO 9001. We've alread established this fact, so to say that they are is perpetuating a falsehood.
I would have thought that a job description would be the starting point for 6.2.2 a,b,c ?

No ?

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
When i took over as quality manager there were job descriptions listed as rev contolled work instructions. They were 6 years old and never updated.

I yanked them out of the system and delivered the files to the HR Manager as "useful information" for her.

If they are in there you can be audited to them. If someone's job has evolved or changed you could get a finding for not matching responsibilities and duties to the WI. Kind of silly if you ask me.

BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION: Title, and other duties as assigned. :lmao:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc How did you "get" a full-time job? (A 2017 discussion) Career and Occupation Discussions 11
Wes Bucey For the unemployed - Your full time job is the job hunt! Career and Occupation Discussions 2
D Accurately measuring Full Thread Length Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
Q Full or Partial FAI? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
F Grand Avenue Software, Q-Pulse or Qualio - which for a full eQMS? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
V Process, component or full product re-qualification: leaded to unleaded solder Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
A When there is a 2 year lapse in production, is a full FAI required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
K Implant Card - Full Manufacturer's Address - Space issues EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A ISO 9001 lead auditor as Full time career India Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna ANSI acquires full ownership of ANAB - December 2018 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
P AS9102 full FAl or a partial FAI after production inactivity period AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Is writing out the ISO9001:2015 standard full name a requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 37
Tagin Does ISO 9001:2015 require a full internal audit annually? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M Bringing blending in-house - Verification or full validation? (Disinfectants) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R ISO 13485:2016 Registration - NC on full cycle of internal audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
H Do you have to perform an full internal prior to IATF 16949 audit? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
C Full QMS Audit and Internal Audit Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
F MDSAP vs "Full" FDA Requirements? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
J Malaysia - Full Labelling Local Language Translation Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
J Use of Harmonised Standards (Full or Partial) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
O AS9100 AQMS AEA Qualification Audits 4 Full QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S OBL (Own Brand Labeling) - Full Quality to Production Quality EU Medical Device Regulations 5
S IEC 60601-2-27: What does "linear within ±20% of the full scale output" mean? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
S When to switch from a Partial AS9102 back to a Full AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Y Is CFDA registration required if the full system is registered by our distributors? China Medical Device Regulations 2
V General Full Factorial - Optimal Design Six Sigma 2
O Is a full Internal Audit cycle every year required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
K Half-Fractional vs. Full Factorial Central Composite Design Using Minitab Software 6
K Experiments Using Full Factorial Design Using Minitab Software 12
T Inspecting Full Thread Depth with a Plug Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
E Full Quality Assurance Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc Naked-image full-body scanners to be taken out of U.S. airports Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 14
R Full Time Internal Auditor - Where should I be looking for someone? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
P Help Setting Up and Analyzing 3 Factor 2 Level Full Factorial Design for DOE Using Minitab Software 3
M ISO/TS 16949 Clause 8.1: Full of Repetitive Requirements? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
K What does Data Logger Accuracy = ? 0.25% of Full scale ? 1 Digit Mean? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Cool Minitab Document 'Sample' - Help with FULL Version location/access? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Conductivity Meter Specification - What Is Accuracy +/- 1% Full Scale + 1 digit General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
V Can I get Full PPAP approval when some components are at interim approval? APQP and PPAP 12
K Audit NC - No evidence of a full 5 Why Analysis for the Customer Complaint Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
R How to understand the "full scale peak-to-valley output" mentioned in IEC 60601-2-27 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
R What is the Full-form of API & FDF? Pharma Related Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
M Limited Calibrations - An instrument that will not pass a full calibration, OOT General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
B Samples for Customer Evaluation prior to Full Release 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
P Measurement Error Requirements - 99% or 99.73% spread to represent the 'full' spread? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R CNC OTS Software Validation Separate from full IQ/OQ/PQ for 21CFR Part 820 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
J AS9102 FAI (First Article Inspection) Full or Partial - Changes to NC programming Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
D Full factorial design, 4 factors, each has its own # of levels. Using Minitab Software 6
C Analyzing Full Factorial Design in Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
D Problems with DOE - Different levels in parameters of a full factorial experiment Using Minitab Software 1