Full system pre certification audit ISO 50001

Moncia

Quite Involved in Discussions
HI all

I am almost done imbedding ISO 50001 into my integrated management system

Even though it is integrated - coordinating recertification for ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and initial certification for ISO 50001 didn't work so have to get the 50001 certification on its own - then in November - fully integrated - hopefully - audit to all my standards

but question to you - as i mentioned the procedures, manual all the system is integrated. We have got internal audit schedule which picks various aspects of each standards which are audited throughout the year. But we want to get the initial certification for 50001 as soon as possible so waiting for a year for the fully integrated internal audit cycle to audit the whole system is not feasible

As with the other standards - the whole system must be audited before desk top and then the certification audit. Can i either bring external auditor or ask one of my internal auditors to do just pick the bits compliant to ISO 50001 and audit it in one lump ??

Would that be acceptable for the certification body ???

i do hope the question is not too confusing :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Would that be acceptable for the certification body ???
Only your CB can answer that question. Best thing to do is to contact their technical manager, explain your suggested approach and your readiness path prior to stage 1 & 2 audits and see what they say.

Have you communicated with them about potential audit dates for the ISO 50001 bit? Not sure what are your cartesian coordinates but in many countries there is a scarcity of qualified energy management system auditors.

Good luck.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
To Sidney's point, reach out to your CB for their ability to meet your needs. In a previous role, we had an integrated BMS to multiple standards. While our internal audits were integrated, for various business reasons, we did not integrate our external audits.

We ensured a clearly defined scope for external auditors - this would keep them from exploring audit pathways that could go outside of their assigned standard. Working with our CB helped to define this requirement.

Randy

Super Moderator
Monica I'm going to guess your CB and I might very well be wrong.

Anyway, I tossed my 50001 Lead Auditor Certification away because I didn't have the time to deal with it back then, but here's what I had to verify for an initial certification..........100% internal audit to the requirements of ISO 50001...........100%. Anything else audited was out of scope and I truly didn't care, I was only looking at relevant 50001 stuff, so the non energy specific stuff had to be plucked out by me within all the documentation and records.

The "who" did it didn't matter as long as they were deemed "competent" by you and there was supporting evidence of your reasoning.

Challenging is the finding of auditors, capable of existing in an O2 and not a heavy-dark-moist CH4 environment (internal & external)

Moncia

thank you all

so to have either my auditor or some external party to plug out the ISO 50001 compliance from my integrated system - vs waiting a year for the full internal audit cycle to be completed - that is up to my CB - whomever they will be ????

am i understanding it correctly ???

Randy

Super Moderator
If you have not completed a 100% complete full system audit before the Stage 2 you will not get a recommendation for certification and will most likely receive a MAJOR NC during your Stage 2 to provide emphasis.

I have done it more than once, it will happen, and all the good intentions and future plans don't/won't do diddly to prevent it.

100% complete - No if's, and's or but's

Moncia

no no - i understand i need the whole system audited
but can i audit only the ISO 50001 requirements - cherry pick them from the integrated system
and have one huge audit - almost gap analysis - vs waiting the whole year for the internal audit schedule cycle to end

i am not sure if my question is clear :(

Randy

Super Moderator
Audit anything else you want, it doesn't mater and nobody cares as long as all of 50001 is covered. All I do is audit, nothing else, I see this all the time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Is CFDA registration required if the full system is registered by our distributors? China Medical Device Regulations 2
Hershal Internal Audit - The full physical of the system General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
J Upgrading an existing Management System into a full-fledge QMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
S AS9100 Full System Internal Audit - Create our own checklist? Internal Auditing 20
Q Full Material Disclosure and IPC-1752A RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
R Full Scale for Pressure and Vacuum Gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B How to exclude empty rows in full factorial design analysis? Using Minitab Software 0
S OEM full range calibrations vs Validation special test points Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
E Any sample of a full software life cycle IEC 62304 report ( any class )? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
D Accurately measuring Full Thread Length Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11
Q Full or Partial FAI? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
F Grand Avenue Software, Q-Pulse or Qualio - which for a full eQMS? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
V Process, component or full product re-qualification: leaded to unleaded solder Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
A When there is a 2 year lapse in production, is a full FAI required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K Implant Card - Full Manufacturer's Address - Space issues EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A ISO 9001 lead auditor as Full time career India Career and Occupation Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna ANSI acquires full ownership of ANAB - December 2018 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 0
P AS9102 full FAl or a partial FAI after production inactivity period AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Is writing out the ISO9001:2015 standard full name a requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 37
Tagin Does ISO 9001:2015 require a full internal audit annually? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
M Bringing blending in-house - Verification or full validation? (Disinfectants) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R ISO 13485:2016 Registration - NC on full cycle of internal audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
H Do you have to perform an full internal prior to IATF 16949 audit? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
C Full QMS Audit and Internal Audit Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
F MDSAP vs "Full" FDA Requirements? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
J Malaysia - Full Labelling Local Language Translation Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Marc How did you "get" a full-time job? (A 2017 discussion) Career and Occupation Discussions 11
J Use of Harmonised Standards (Full or Partial) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
O AS9100 AQMS AEA Qualification Audits 4 Full QMS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S OBL (Own Brand Labeling) - Full Quality to Production Quality EU Medical Device Regulations 5
S IEC 60601-2-27: What does "linear within ±20% of the full scale output" mean? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
S When to switch from a Partial AS9102 back to a Full AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
V General Full Factorial - Optimal Design Six Sigma 2
O Is a full Internal Audit cycle every year required? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
K Half-Fractional vs. Full Factorial Central Composite Design Using Minitab Software 6
K Experiments Using Full Factorial Design Using Minitab Software 12
T Inspecting Full Thread Depth with a Plug Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
E Full Quality Assurance Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc Naked-image full-body scanners to be taken out of U.S. airports Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 14
R Full Time Internal Auditor - Where should I be looking for someone? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
P Help Setting Up and Analyzing 3 Factor 2 Level Full Factorial Design for DOE Using Minitab Software 3
M ISO/TS 16949 Clause 8.1: Full of Repetitive Requirements? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
K What does Data Logger Accuracy = ? 0.25% of Full scale ? 1 Digit Mean? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Cool Minitab Document 'Sample' - Help with FULL Version location/access? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Conductivity Meter Specification - What Is Accuracy +/- 1% Full Scale + 1 digit General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
V Can I get Full PPAP approval when some components are at interim approval? APQP and PPAP 12
K Audit NC - No evidence of a full 5 Why Analysis for the Customer Complaint Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 8
R How to understand the "full scale peak-to-valley output" mentioned in IEC 60601-2-27 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
R What is the Full-form of API & FDF? Pharma Related Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
M Limited Calibrations - An instrument that will not pass a full calibration, OOT General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8