Fun Quality Stuff - Creating a training plan for new internal auditors

M

mhans

"Fun Quality Stuff"

Hello everyone,

Since a lot of people take quality so seriously, and they should.... but I also feel that it should have some "fun" in it as well.

I'm in the process of creating a training plan for new internal auditors within my company.

BUT.....

I could use some help in finding some "Quality type cartoons" to add to my presnetation slides. Does anyone have a few I can use or where I can get free "quality type" cartoons??

I'm kind of in a rush to find some.

Thank you,
Marcy

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Mhans,

I too often add a few cartoons to training presentations. I have a few good ones from "Dilbert" and "The Far Side" dealing with ISO-9001, quality, and business in general. I typically get the desk calendars (1 cartoon per day) and have just saved some that I liked over the years. Maybe you can find an office mate who has one of these calendars, or find some of their cartoon "books" (hundreds of cartoons per book) at the library and copy the ones that tickle your fancy. Also, try the Dilbert web site. Omega also gives out free Dilbert cartoon packs. Just keeping your eyes open will allow you to put together a collection over time (for future presentations).

M

mhans

Hello Mike S.

Thank you for your reply..... Could I by any chance ask if you could fax me some of your cartoons that you have??? My fax number is :585-340-8205

Thank you for your info. I will check out Omega.

M-

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Marcy,

I'll try to find a few and fax them over. Not sure how good they will look after faxing. Let me know if they look okay -- you should get something by 12:30 EST.

E

energy

Free files

Have you tried the member's free files? Marc has some good cartoons in there. Dibert's there, too. Take alook. If not, they are probably in the Premium files. :ko: :smokin:

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Went on a tour of a plant that had a sign "Do it right the first time and have Fun." From going thru the plant I believe this to be true. It is no sin to have fun on the job as long as the job is done right. Any thoughts on this type of motivation in your plants???? I agree Quality is usually the most serious next to Accounting.

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
A dated Presentation

mhans,

I realize this is not a comic strip (but then again it might be to some members of the forum), and that it is dated material, but it is a presentation I developed on two ASQ books.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bobdoering ASQ Fun Quiz: Which Quality Guru Are You? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 21
T Fun symbols to teach quality Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
J Fun Ideas for Quality Week Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 21
T Having Fun While Learning ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Improving Behaviour Safety through Fun games Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
Hershal Just for fun raps Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Wes Bucey Anagrams - Just for fun Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
Marc Just for fun - How did you find the Elsmar Discussion Forum Forum News and General Information 9
D Mad Metrology - A fun Metrology Game General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Pancho WIKI: Grow Your Own for Fun and Profit Imported Legacy Blogs 2
somashekar OH&S and the little family fun Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
A Google Images Fun Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 7
Marc Verified Identity Pass closes its doors - More Airport Fun Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 2
C Training exercises related to PPAP - how to make it fun? APQP and PPAP 20
I Just for fun Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
R Playmobil "Security Checkpoint" playset. Fun and educational! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 2
Marc Fun with Nikola Tesla's Experiments Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
BradM The fun of flying-2008 Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
A Another bit of fun - Brain teaser with a maths feel Brain Teasers and Puzzles 8
M Just a bit of fun but lets see how many of you can do it Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 12
michellemmm Free Rice - Fun way to do some Charity while enjoying the Game Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
L Games/ fun/ incentives for ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
BradM A few Excel Puzzles for Fun Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 19
H Fun with Rearranged Words (Anagrams) Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 2
E Fun with words - Mensa Invitational challenge Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 5
C Skin problems are no fun.... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
Marc Dr. Fun Comics by David Farley - RIP Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
Claes Gefvenberg Fun and Viking Games - June 2004 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
Marc Fun with Metal Forming 101 Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
K Looking for a job as Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 2
B Two excellent examples of process capability analysis from Quality Magazine Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
Pau Calvo Quality Management process is mandatory in ISO9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
NDesouza No Quality Professional vs Having a Quality Professional Benchmarking 24
F Does anyone have an ESD quality/cooler talk to share? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
R Monitor production quality - Internal KPIs Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
U Examples of Quality Objectives for a Medtech start up ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
M SemaTech SSQA Standardized Supplier Quality Assessment - my favorite tool ever Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D Supplier Quality level category help - high level ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A Quality engineering positions in US - question Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
R How would you work without a quality management system? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
P Conformity assessment based on a quality management system or production quality assurance EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H Updating Quality Manual to API Q1 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R Electrical contractor Project Quality Management Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
R China Quality Certification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
S Quality management system (Well head installation & maintenance) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
G Copy of withdrawn ISO 9001:1994 Quality Management Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C Quality, efficiency and effectiveness of daily work routines Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
P How to develop executable quality management system for rookies? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10