Future Plan for IMDS (International Material Data System)

F

felicity09

Hi,

Need some advice here, is there any SOP of IMDS? i'm new to IMDS and if we want to implement IMDS in the company, what is the direction?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Future Plan for IMDS

Welcome. :bigwave:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you implementing IMDS use as a customer or supplier? The IMDS system is non-intuitive and practically impossible to navigate successfully without some form of training. Tell us more about your needs.

F

felicity09

Hi Jim,

Our company are going to use IMDS as customer and supplier. As IMDS is still new to our company, how I can convince the top management that IMDS is important due to legal issue. I want to make IMDS as a standard for my company.

P

Peter M.

The best will be like written Jim go to any training even basic.
You could try understand IMDS by reading materials on home page there is many of guidelines and reccomendation how to proper create report etc.

Alex73

Involved In Discussions

IMDS 11 is expected to released next month with new functionalities.
Alex.

Kimmy

Involved In Discussions
I have been submitting to IMDS since it's inception over here in the US. Back then, I found the training unhelpful to say the least and very few were using it so I had no other resources that I could use. I learned the system the hard way - I just jumped in and started using it but there were mistakes along the way. The most difficult part of it for me was that you can't use SDS's for your information. In most cases I found they were useless for IMDS. Especially when it comes to paints or anything that contains a solvent that will evaporate off after curing. I have become quite the chemist over the years.

It certainly isn't any easier but there are now many companies who can both train you and even perform the submissions for you. Google IMDS and you will find many willing to help.

Not sure how you have gotten this far without using IMDS? Every automotive customer we have, and some non-automotive, require IMDS. We wouldn't be in business without it.

Top Bottom