G11 material

QCJS

Do what you can
Hi all,

I have an issue. I'm a QC Inspector & I do like to reject stuff just because the designers call for reject, unless of course if the reject is an obvious error.

The designer used G11 material but did not specify the colour. As a result, a black part was sent to us. On checking with the supplier, the supplier argued that the correct material used was indeed G11 and provided us with the COC and the website which they purchased from. My query is: Does the designer need to specify the colour of the G11 material before releasing the drawing in this case? Does he did to specify G11 Natural if he wants a white piece?

QCJS

Do what you can
Yes, Wynne. That is UHMWPE, this is G11. Both drawings are drawn by the same designer. He is a tough one. Because he assumes that the part should come as he expected:cry: & am very troubled when he just call for reject

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
He is a tough one. Because he assumes that the part should come as he expected:cry:

No, the thing is not that he is a tough one. I assume the gap in your QMS. Competent person from your organization has to provide training to him about this. So that he can understand the scenario.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
If any purchased thing can come in more than one configuration, the required configuration must be specified. That being said, the supplier, faced with ambiguous requirements, should ask first before assuming that it doesn't make any difference. This one is on the designer.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Agree with Jim 100%. If there is a possible variation (color, texture, surface finish, etc) and you want a specific variation, then it MUST be specified. I have run into this several times over the years, (designers expecting a certain characteristic, and getting something else) and each time I have successfully argued that our product met the requirements AS STATED.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Agree with Jim 100%. If there is a possible variation (color, texture, surface finish, etc) and you want a specific variation, then it MUST be specified. I have run into this several times over the years, (designers expecting a certain characteristic, and getting something else) and each time I have successfully argued that our product met the requirements AS STATED.
The engineer or purchasing person says, indignantly, "Don't give me what I asked for, give me WHAT I WANT!"

Top Bottom