Gage Calibration Tracking in MS Excel

D

drobbins329

Hello,
I have developed a gage control solution in excel. I built it over the course of a year. It supports embedding external images, for fast load times.

I would like to submit it for other people to use and reference.

The code for the macros is a bit rough, I would like help on properly commenting it out, to make it easier to understand and adapt for each individual.

Where would I submit such a file?
Who would like to help me?

It works well for me, as I have over a thousand records to track in two different categories.

macros must be enabled.

I also have a keyboard shortcut set to "ctrl + s" to open the dialog.

Attachments

• gage calibration.xls
    151.5 KB · Views: 2,452
Last edited by a moderator:
D

drobbins329

Re: Gage calibration tracking in Excel, with pictures

Here is a screenshot:

EDIT20190930 - We are investigating the loss of attachments in threads. Please be calm.

Attachments

• Gage Calibration Tracking in MS Excel
    screenshot.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,178
Last edited by a moderator:
D

drobbins329

If anyone has managed to get it to work with my poor documentation, can I get some feedback?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

I opened it and looked at it for a few minutes. It looks like it covers the basics, and looks user-friendly, but I didn't really try it out too much since I don't need something like this right now. My organization has thousands of pieces of measuring equipment and uses dedicated software to manage them.

D

drobbins329

Thanks @Howste! I was kinda dropped in this position with no training or warning. It was originally an excel sheet with no tables. No forms. No searching. It was explained to me to get a pad and paper, and copy down anything due. I added a few things as you can see.
I appreciate the feedback!

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

What version of Excel are you using? I opened it again and tried a few things and the code gave me errors and the search function wasn't working. I'm using Excel 2010.

D

drobbins329

The search function checks for the presence of an image file in a directory specified in the code.

It is failing i imagine when the code for that search is interpreting an incorrect directory.

To test it otherwise, just comment out or correct the code in line 180 of the code in "UserForm1"

Image1.Picture = LoadPicture("*path to pictures*EMPTY.jpg") ' an image placeholder for pictures that dont exist or aren't loaded yet

should be changed to

' Image1.Picture = LoadPicture("*path to pictures*EMPTY.jpg") ' an image placeholder for pictures that dont exist or aren't loaded yet

I believe that should do it.

I use it to show a generic image "not found" named EMPTY.jpg so I know I need to add an image.

I have the images external to the excel file so I can maintain the speed of the searches. If I embed them in the excel file, it would be huge, and slow.

D

drobbins329

I have made some upgrades. I worked out how to record a defined group of changes every time I perform a calibration. The record is kept in a separate excel sheet, in a condensed form. It's kinda finicky to duplicate to an unknown system. If there is interest, I can try.

Also, it support retrieving said records, for the past 3 calibrations, and presenting them in a printable format.

Top Bottom