Gage / Measurement Uncertainty - QS-9000 QSR 3rd Edition 4.11.1

T

Theron Taylor

Has anyone been audited to QSR 3rd Edition and gotten a reading on Gage R&R activities as satisfying the Gage Uncertainity requirement in QSR 4.11.1? Also I would like to have conversation with one or more persons who has experienced the 3rd Edition Lab audit. I have a product qualification/test lab in addition to metrology lab activities. We are a tier one parts supplier.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bryon C Simmons

Hi.

Been through the 4.10.6 thing. My company makes industrial packaging...primarily returnables for the car people. Basically, I used the guidelines for Lab scope that are included in the Glossary of the Third Edition. There, under the definition of Lab scope, it lays out all the requirements that need to be included in the scope. Basically, I created a Level II document, and included all of the necessary information. This includes all standatds, etc. that you are testing to..i.e. ASTM, ASME, Also, you will need to have copies of all referenced standards on site.

This includes any calibrations that you may be doing in house. If you are, you must list any calibration "masters" that you are using...i.e. gage block sets, etc.

Hope this helps

Bryon

T

Theron Taylor

Thanks for the reply Bryon,

We will have a surveillance audit 8, 9th, and 10th of March. This will be to 3rd Edition of course. I had read your earlier posting about 3rd Edition. You mentioned a couple of things I had overlooked. I did similar to you, in that I wrote a Level ll document that described the scope of our lab activities. I still have a question about the uncertainity requirements. Does GR & R satisfy 4.11.1? Can general purpose standard gages like mikes be treated as a class of gage by doing GR & R one time for the class? What were your auditors comments concerning the confidentially clause?

D
Am I OK to assume you can do a Gage R & R on a mic, calculate 6 sigma form the measurements, and develop an uncertainty from that?
Sorry to answer your question with a totally different question here. My apologies. I am uncertain about uncertainty.

T

Theron Taylor

Hi Dawn,
I am not of much help in this area, thus the reason for my questions? Maybe Marc or someone else has some input on this subject. The MSA Reference Manual leads you through the subject, but I am unclear as to what auditors are accepting in the real world. I have about 4000 peices of production mechanical gage items and 800 peices in my electrical metrology system. Resources for doing excessive gage studies are impossible to get.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Measurement Uncertainty Budget (MU) of Ultrasonic Thickness gage? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
T Frequency of Gage R&R and Measurement Uncertainty General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
Q Gage R&R for Instant Measurement Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
W Gage R&R where Device Under Test (DUT) is part of the Measurement System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S Powder Weight Proportion Measurement Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Y Gage R&R for multiple measurement system Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Gage R&R Measurement Location Methodology Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
I Gage Block Calibration/Measurement Control Question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L Gage R&R for 5 Parameter Spectacle Lens Measurement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Acme Thread Gage Tool Wear Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
C How to do an In-Process Measurement Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C Camera Vision Measurement System Gage R and R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
V Gage R&R for Variables Data on a CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M For ISO 9001: Missing Measurement Gage Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G Ford - Type 1 Gage Study MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
A Gage R&R on Involute Gears (Over 2 pins measurement) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
L Measurement Gage Management and Control Tools for Suppliers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
K GR&R (Gage R&R) Analysis for Negative Measurement Data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
F Gage R&R - Can I use the same part for measurement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
P Gage Accuracy required for a Measurement Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
B Gage R&R/MSA for In Process Measurement System in a Turning Machine Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
I Gage R&R for Automated Measurement Equipment Systems Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
M Newbie in Gage R&R - Gloss Meter and Thickness Measurement Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
R Gage R&R for Torque Device (Non - Replicable Measurement Systems) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
N Destructive/Non-Repeatable Measurement Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Marc MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) and Gage R&R Spreadsheets Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
J Attribute Gage Studies - What gages are required to have Measurement Systems Analysis IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
I Measurement Systems Analysis (Gage R&R) - # of Parts Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
N Design of Dimensional Measurement Gage for Bolt General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
A Gauging method comparison - Air Gage vs. CMM Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
P MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Gage R&R with 10 Operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
T Are MSA?s (Measurement System Analysis) Process or Gage Based? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 20
I Gage Error vs. Dimensional Tolerance - Accuracy needed for measurement equipment Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 10
C Gage Block Measurement - Home made gage blocks at 1" intervals IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C Internal Diameter Measurement and Pin Gage Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Gage R&R Studies - 1200 operators, 2000 measurement tapes and many characteristics Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C Gage Resolution / Measurement Accuracy - Laser scan micrometer has a 6 digit display General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Z Determining how many measurement devices need gage R&R? MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
C Gage R&R with a single operator who handles the measurement equipment? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
B Measurement System Manufacturer specs - Customers have been asking about our Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
L Identifying Common Pitfalls in GR&R (Gage R&R) Studies - Measurement System Analysis Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 29
D When is MSA (Measurement System Analysis) appropriate on a custom built gage? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
D Gage R&R on a delta measurement - Particle measurement count tool Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
H Gage R&R Question - How to promote our measurement system from this conclusion Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Tim Folkerts Gage R&R for two-operator measurement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
W Resolution and Sensitivity - What is measurement instrument or gage 'Sensitivity'? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
R Is Gage R&R with measurement data possible in a Semiconductor Fab? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Is Measurement Systems Analysis necessary on every gage? - TS16949:2002 - 7.6.1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Gage R&R for two step measurement process Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
L Gage R&R for every measurement equipment and every operator? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3