Gage R&R on automated test equipment - No reproducibility error?

6sigmadeewana

I am trying to do a gage r&r on a testing machine. There is no operator involvement. All the operator does is put the part in the machine and the machine goes through a series of tests to give results. the machine has 3 "cups" so that 3 bulbs can be tested at a time.

Would there would be no reproducibility error since operator is not involved ?

How do I do a gage r&r on this machine ?

K

Katydid

If it inspects parts, as required you need a GR&R regardless if operators are involved or not. If the operator can misload and get a false negative (or failure), then you will also find that they do contribute to the gages ability to repeat measurements. Do you have a way to record the results for each check? If you have multiple stages and multiple cavities, you will have to consider each one to decide if it needs its own study. You may end up with cavity one at station 1, then 2, and then 3, then cavity 2 at station 1, then 2, then 3, and so on.

Good luck evaluating your system!

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
6sigmadeewana said:
I am trying to do a gage r&r on a testing machine. There is no operator involvement. All the operator does is put the part in the machine and the machine goes through a series of tests to give results. the machine has 3 "cups" so that 3 bulbs can be tested at a time.

Have a look at this thread GR&R on automatic equipment such as a CMM.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
6sigmadeewana said:

The three stations should be treated as operators as the differences between stations is REPRODUCIBILITY error. The differences within a single station is REPEATABILITY error.

Top Bottom