Gage R&R on X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) Equipment

Q

qhdhz8

IS there someone have done XRF Equipment Gage R&R? please give me some help,thanks.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

XRF (X-ray fluorescence) is used for several different purposes. What are you using it for?

Q

qhdhz8

Thanks,we use EDX XRF, please give me some help.
another question how can I to get ?3 sigma ? in Table D.2 of IEC62321-2008?
please help me, thanks.

Q

qhdhz8

WE use EDX XRF equipment to inspection galvanized steel, plastic parts, resistors, inductors, transformers, radiator and others,so We can judge the material whether hazardous substances beyond the provisions of the EU RoHS.

Thank you for your reply.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
WE use EDX XRF equipment to inspection galvanized steel, plastic parts, resistors, inductors, transformers, radiator and others,so We can judge the material whether hazardous substances beyond the provisions of the EU RoHS.

Thank you for your reply.

I think this is a process that needs validation rather than MSA. You need to know if your device is accurately reporting the substances present in samples, so you should be having samples tested by a qualified outside source and compare your own results with them. I don't know how you would use XRF to assay someting like a radiator or transformer. How is the x-ray beam collimated so as to capture the whole thing?

Last edited:
I

iamtroll

What levels do you inspect for? Is this parts per million or do you have a specific quantitative level for each hazarsous subsatance?

Top Bottom