Gage R&R Software - Does anyone have experience using Mitutoyo's "MeasurLink"?

J

Jim Biz

Gage R&R Software

Does anyone have expierience using the Mitutoyo "MeasurLink"
calibration software?

It reads as if it contains all the "bells & whistles" - but how does it really work from a user's stanpoint??

Whats Good --- Whats Bad??

Comments welcome.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Jim Biz

Guess not - possible that the software is either so new--- or so unwidely used --- That I should make sure not to purchase - until a full demo version proves to be what we think it is...

J

Jim Biz

This was the first brochure that we have noticed it.. listed.
(and we have had Mititoyo equipment here since "way- back when")

The only "date" that can be viewed in the web-ad reads as I recall "compataible with? Compliant to? - AIAG - 1995" so it "could be 6 years" - or the gage R&R portion could be 6 months...

It "appears" to be similar to and interchangeable with our MRP Plus software.

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
MesasurLink

Hey Jim,

I have the Calibration/Gage R & R software. It came bundled with the SPC Data Collection Programs.

I don't use it. WAY too complex for a small shop. We would double our calibration time just in record keeping alone. The program requires you to "move" the gage from active use to calibration before you can even record any data.

The little I remeber about the R&R software, it seemed pretty simple.

Tech support is fair, we never seemed to get through an install/upgrade without bugs that required patching.

I'll try to answer any other questions you might have.

CasrolX

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
> we never seemed to get through an install/upgrade without
> bugs that required patching.

Standard with just about every piece of software I have ever purchased. Even this new forums software - next week, I think, is the first 'bug fix' release for the 2.2.0 release I just went through. It will be, of course, release 2.2.1. MickeySoft likes to call their bug fix releases 'Service Packs' I believe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B New to Metrology and told to complete Gage R&R with AIAG compliant software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
L Inexpensive Gage Management Software recommendations for less than 75 Gages Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 8
J Implementing "Gage Control Software" Is anyone using this program? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 12
C Gage and Calibration Software Comparisons Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 6
W Gage Interfaces and Software for SPC Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
D Should Purchased Software for both SPC and Gage R&R be documented in the QMS? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
J Attribute GRR (Gage R&R) - How to get Kappa Software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
8 Gage Track Calibration Software Alternatives Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 8
F Gage R&R - Suggestions on gage R&R software or documents? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
K Gage Life and Calibration Management Software - Seeking Opinions / Reviews General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
R MSA and Gage Tracking Software that complies with MSA 3rd Edition Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6
A Problems with Gage InSite Enterprise software - Hiccups Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 13
R WinSPC - Reformatting gage input into the software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
O GRR (Gage R&R) Method for Camera Vision Inspection System Hardware and Software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
M Thread Gage Calibration Software to look up requireds/specs for thread gages Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 48
S Commercial gage scheduling software package that can store multiple PPM histories General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
J Gage R&R Software which provides Bias and Linearity Information Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S Gage Calibration Software - Calibration software with free 30-day trial downloads Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
P Dial Gauge (gage) Calibration Software Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C Gage Block Wringing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Gage R&R with NDC=1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Type 1 Gage R&R or something else? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
K Gage R&R with more than 3 appraisers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
S Gage R&R on alloy Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
L Gage R&R studies for identical Devices - Need to confirm the requirement to perform them Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
G Stab Pin Size For Check Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Functional Gage for TOP applied at RFS Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
F No reproducibility Error in Gage R&R? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G Warning about Deltronic Gage Pins - The "Certification of Accuracy" document General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
Q Gage R&R for Instant Measurement Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D Do we need normal data for gage r&r studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Gage R&R Standard Deviations Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6