Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition

Anerol C

Trusted Information Resource
Good afternoon,

I need a Gage R&R template that meets AIAG 4th Edition, the current that I have is not working fine, it seems that the formulas are not right.

By the her hand somebody has experience with a surface profile Gage R&R , I will divide the tolerance by 2 and one will be + and the other one -. Is it ok?

Thanks,
AC

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Anerol C

Trusted Information Resource
Hi Miner,
Thanks so much for your response!!
I'm having a hard time trying to replicate the attached results (please see attachment) on your spreadsheet, which one is the correct to use 1, 2 or 3? By any chance do you have an spreadsheet as the one that I'm attaching (average and range method), I need to provide to my customer my R&R study but I would like to validate my data entering the one that I have from the checking fixture supplier but only that I have his the spread sheet in hard copy. Any advice would be appreciated?

Attachments

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
The last average and range method spreadsheet that I have is a 3rd edition. Once I created the ANOVA method, I stayed with it. There are quite a few 4th edition MSA templates on this forum that still use the average and range method. Try searching for them. Regarding which ANOVA to use. Start with #1. If the interaction is not significant, switch to #2. If operators in #2 are not significant then switch to #3. Always follow that sequence.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
L Calibrating a Template Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
W Type 1 Gauge (Gage) R&R Excel Template anyone? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
J Gage R&R template with more options than usual Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
J Type 1 Gage Study Excel Template Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
M Excel .xls Template for Attribute Gage R&R with ORDINAL Data needed Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 10
Ron Rompen Need help with MSA/Gage R&R - Seeking Minitab template file/sample GR&R study Using Minitab Software 7
B Gage R&R - Need template Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
T Gage R&R Excel .xls form and SPC Xbar and R template (lost it.. ) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
B Gage calibration frequency, ISO and IATF - What are the requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
R Determining Uncertainty from Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C Gage Block Wringing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Gage R&R with NDC=1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Type 1 Gage R&R or something else? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
K Gage R&R with more than 3 appraisers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
S Gage R&R on alloy Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
L Gage R&R studies for identical Devices - Need to confirm the requirement to perform them Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
G Stab Pin Size For Check Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Functional Gage for TOP applied at RFS Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
F No reproducibility Error in Gage R&R? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
G Warning about Deltronic Gage Pins - The "Certification of Accuracy" document General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
Q Gage R&R for Instant Measurement Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D Do we need normal data for gage r&r studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Gage R&R Standard Deviations Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Informational Gage R&R: Swapping operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Gage R & R for large amount of inspections IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Ring Gage Thermal Expansion General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Gage R&R for test precision or uncertainty prediction? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Minor diameter of threaded ring gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Does Torque Gage Need Validation? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
J Ignoring a Failed Gage R&R and upcoming external audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
R Scaling a Gage R&R - 2 holding fixtures each with 10 nests Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B Gage R&R Acceptable (10-30%), deduct Total Variation from Tolerance Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
apestate Inexpensive Gage Blocks for small aerospace startup shop General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1