Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace)

Gingertom

Registered
Hi
Can anyone help me with a Gage R&R query. Need to now what I'm doing wrong, bit of a virgin on this.
As part of a FAIR submission(Aerospace) we have to supply a Gage R&R study on a 0.5-0.38 Radius. The customer has rejected my report due to the following,
'The tolerance on the KC is 0.12, the discrimination/resolution of the instrument being used must be 1/10th or smaller of either process variability or specification limits. The studies you’ve submitted are showing zero to 0.05, & are not detecting any variation'.
Can any one tell/show me where I'm going wrong with my results. Attached my report and another R&R study for another part not submitted yet(2.1/1.9 Radius).

Many Thanks

Attachments

• GAGE-R&R REPORT-elsmar.pdf
    121.9 KB · Views: 236
  • gage r & r.xls
    99.5 KB · Views: 203

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
The problem is that your gage has insufficient resolution to see part variation. You can see this on your range graphs. The gage should be able to discriminate at least 5 distinct levels of resolution within the UCL for the range chart. In addition, < 25% of the ranges should be equal to zero. A gage with insufficient resolution can make your R&R appear to be much better than it actually is.

Top Bottom