Gage Study training explanation for Gage Users

outdoorsNW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Does anyone know where I can find (or share with me) a short gage R&R explanation for leads and operators?

Everything I can find is for people who need to perform or evaluate gage R&R studes, and has way to much detail.

I am looking for something simple that does a good job of explaining the why of gage studies, the basics of why the typical setup is used, and emphasizes that it is not the operators fault if a gage study has poor results.

Tom

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Staff member
Super Moderator
There are plenty of folks here who are much more familiar with GR&R, and one of them will likely reply shortly.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Does anyone know where I can find (or share with me) a short gage R&R explanation for leads and operators?

Everything I can find is for people who need to perform or evaluate gage R&R studes, and has way to much detail.

I am looking for something simple that does a good job of explaining the why of gage studies, the basics of why the typical setup is used, and emphasizes that it is not the operators fault if a gage study has poor results.

Tom
You might want to have a look at Miner's blog posts here at the Cove, especially his introductory post, which addresses most of the basics.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Type 1 Gage r study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
A Does an attribute study (Go/NoGo pin gage) need two studies (1 for each pin) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Attribute Gage R&R study according to "Charbonneau" Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
O Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 11
B Linearity study on a non-linear gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
M Repeatability issue in Gage R&R study for inner diameter of a bushing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
T Gage R&R Study- Measuring a flexible part (compressed part) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
V Minitab - Attribute Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
J Gage R&R Study (Crossed) - How to determine Process Tolerance Using Minitab Software 4
K MINITAB 16 - Attribute gage study (Analytic method) and Gage R&R Study (Expanded) Using Minitab Software 2
N When and which gages require a Gage R&R study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
J Excel spreadsheet for Gage R&R study with 9 appraisers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C P/T % of a gage R&R to 0 MMC Tolerance study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
P What is a Type 3 Gage Study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D Reducing Within Part Variation during a Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 26
B "Historical std deviation" (Standard Deviation) in Gage R&R study Using Minitab Software 6
B Performing a Gage R&R Study with Minitab 13 Using Minitab Software 5
Z How many parts to measure in a Gage R&R study Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
G Ford - Type 1 Gage Study MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
M Sample Selection for a Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
G What is the right sequence for a Gage R&R study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Type 1 Gage Study Interpretation Question Using Minitab Software 7
S Minitab: Type 1 Gage Study vs. Gage R&R Study Using Minitab Software 5
S Does a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) require Gage R & R study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
D AIAG 4th Edition Capability Study and Gage R&R Requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
L Gage Linearity and Bias Study Analysis - Minitab help needed Using Minitab Software 4
J Ordinal Data Gage Study - Kappa scores vs. Kendell?s Coefficient Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
B Can the Variation on Data be too small in a Variables Data Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
7 Gage R&R Study (Nested) - Feedback and Comments appreciated Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
D Quality Digest article - "An Honest Gage R&R Study" - Where is he getting the d2*? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
N Repeatabilty + Reproducibility (Gage R&R) Study - Inter-Laboratory Study (ILS) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
J Gage R&R Study by Attribute (ACCEPT-REJECT-INVESTIGATE) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
H GRR (Gage R&R) Study for Digital Temperature Gauge Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D Small Variation in Thickness Measurements in Gage R&R Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 23
S Gage R&R (GRR) Study - Please comment on the results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
M Type 1 Gage Study - What's your opinion on this gage? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Minitab 15 Gage R&R Study Nested understanding Using Minitab Software 1
B Study Variation and Discrimination Ratio in Gage R&R ANOVA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
M Gage R&R Short Study vs. Long Study vs. Other Studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 25
T Gage R & R Study "Best Practices" - More than three operators? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
Miner Intro to MSA of Continuous Data – Part 7: R&R using Wheeler’s Honest Gage Study Imported Legacy Blogs 17
C Gage R&R Study - Better to use parts or gage blocks? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6