Gage type 1 study on CMM

I'm newbie here, i conducted gage type 1 study on CMM & analysis the data on minitab but results are not so good.
i have a little bit confusion about tolerance, i ran a master ring gage 25 times, having diameter 200.001mm & record the data. in minitab, enter the data in measurements column & software
ask also put tolerance value. tolerance value of what, CMM tolerance or master ring gage tolerance? CMM accurcy is +-0. 05mm & Master ring gage tolerance is 0.001mm
thanks in advance
Regards
Aslam abbas

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

GRP

Involved In Discussions
I'm newbie here, i conducted gage type 1 study on CMM & analysis the data on minitab but results are not so good.
i have a little bit confusion about tolerance, i ran a master ring gage 25 times, having diameter 200.001mm & record the data. in minitab, enter the data in measurements column & software
ask also put tolerance value. tolerance value of what, CMM tolerance or master ring gage tolerance? CMM accurcy is +-0. 05mm & Master ring gage tolerance is 0.001mm
thanks in advance
Regards
Aslam abbas
What is the context and aim of conducting the type 1 study? Is there a characteristic with a specification somewhere?

The ring gage diameter, probably obtained from a calibration certificate, is the reference value.

Suppose you use the ring gage to control an outer diameter in your product. The tolerance is the difference between the max and min values of that diameter, or the max/min (unilateral) as applicable.

If you just have the CMM and are testing the equipment/program/fixture then you can arbitrarily define a tolerance and check how the measurement system performs against that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
P What is a Type 3 Gage Study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Ford - Type 1 Gage Study MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Type 1 Gage Study Interpretation Question Using Minitab Software 7
S Minitab: Type 1 Gage Study vs. Gage R&R Study Using Minitab Software 5
M Type 1 Gage Study - What's your opinion on this gage? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J Type 1 Gage Study Excel Template Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
S Type 1 Gage R&R or something else? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
M For a Type 1 Gage R&R I want to use 1 unit and measure it 30 times Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
J Type 1 GRR (Gage R&R) on a One Sided Specification Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
M Type 1 Gage R&R - Analyzing Run Chart and I-mR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
M Type 2 GR&R (Gage R&R): % Contribution & % Std Var Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
W Type 1 Gauge (Gage) R&R Excel Template anyone? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
A Gage Block Repair - What type of stone is acceptable for removing burrs General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
G Gage R&R for every gauge? Or is it only every type of gauge? MSA 3rd Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
Marc Errors - Uncertainty Type I, II, or Alpha, Beta vs. Gage R&R Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
B Gage calibration frequency, ISO and IATF - What are the requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
R Determining Uncertainty from Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C Gage Block Wringing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Gage R&R with NDC=1 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Gage R&R Excel templates Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
K Gage R&R with more than 3 appraisers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T Attributes SPC study - Attributive control (Go gage) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S Capability or Gage R&R Study for Leak Tester? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 15
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Gage R&R Study on Load Cells - Large chemical blending tanks IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Gage R&R on alloy Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
8 Need Help - Runout - Function Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
L Gage R&R studies for identical Devices - Need to confirm the requirement to perform them Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
G Stab Pin Size For Check Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
E Functional Gage for TOP applied at RFS Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
F No reproducibility Error in Gage R&R? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
M Template for Attribute Gage R & R wanted Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
G Warning about Deltronic Gage Pins - The "Certification of Accuracy" document General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
Q Gage R&R for Instant Measurement Machine Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
M Gage R&R with large inter part variance - Torque Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
D Do we need normal data for gage r&r studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
D Do I need part variation while doing Destructive Variable Gage R&R MSA study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 19
S Gage R&R Standard Deviations Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
J Informational Gage R&R: Swapping operators Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
S Gage R & R for large amount of inspections IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
S Ring Gage Thermal Expansion General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Gage R&R for test precision or uncertainty prediction? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2