Gage type 1 study on CMM

I'm newbie here, i conducted gage type 1 study on CMM & analysis the data on minitab but results are not so good.
i have a little bit confusion about tolerance, i ran a master ring gage 25 times, having diameter 200.001mm & record the data. in minitab, enter the data in measurements column & software
ask also put tolerance value. tolerance value of what, CMM tolerance or master ring gage tolerance? CMM accurcy is +-0. 05mm & Master ring gage tolerance is 0.001mm
thanks in advance
Regards
Aslam abbas

GRP

Involved In Discussions
I'm newbie here, i conducted gage type 1 study on CMM & analysis the data on minitab but results are not so good.
i have a little bit confusion about tolerance, i ran a master ring gage 25 times, having diameter 200.001mm & record the data. in minitab, enter the data in measurements column & software
ask also put tolerance value. tolerance value of what, CMM tolerance or master ring gage tolerance? CMM accurcy is +-0. 05mm & Master ring gage tolerance is 0.001mm
thanks in advance
Regards
Aslam abbas
What is the context and aim of conducting the type 1 study? Is there a characteristic with a specification somewhere?

The ring gage diameter, probably obtained from a calibration certificate, is the reference value.

Suppose you use the ring gage to control an outer diameter in your product. The tolerance is the difference between the max and min values of that diameter, or the max/min (unilateral) as applicable.

If you just have the CMM and are testing the equipment/program/fixture then you can arbitrarily define a tolerance and check how the measurement system performs against that.

Top Bottom