Gage type and data base maintainence

Question: I want to edit the drop down selection for gage type, currently we have a data base that has multitudes of misspelled, all caps, or some other error names and we are trying to consolidate them. Where can I edit those attributes?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Eric Gasper

Perpetual Quality Learner
Leader
PQ Systems
Hi @David Bartolini

Welcome to Elsmar and great questions!

There are two main ways to edit field that have drop-downs, aka choice lists.
  1. Go to File - Settings, then Global collections - Choice lists
    You will see a list of all the fields that have drop-downs within your database. You can select one, in your case "Type", and then hit the Edit button on the right. On the new window you can add, remove, or rename items as you see fit. When done, hit OK and then Save on the Settings window.
  2. When you are viewing a Gage Card, you can double-click on the drop-down arrow and that will open the Choice List editor window for that particular field. This method is a bit faster than the first suggestion, in that you can modify the list(s) on the fly without needing to head to the Settings area.
If you have additional questions, please let our team know at [email protected]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Repeatability Type 1 Gage and Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Type 1 Gage r study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Type 1 Gage R&R or something else? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
N % Tolerance - Type 1 study on the gages, then a gage R&R (ANOVA) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Definitive answer on Type 1 vs Type 2 vs Type 3 Gage Study Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
A Gage type 1 study on CMM Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
M For a Type 1 Gage R&R I want to use 1 unit and measure it 30 times Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
P What is a Type 3 Gage Study? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Type 1 GRR (Gage R&R) on a One Sided Specification Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
G Ford - Type 1 Gage Study MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) acceptable? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Type 1 Gage Study Interpretation Question Using Minitab Software 7
S Minitab: Type 1 Gage Study vs. Gage R&R Study Using Minitab Software 5
M Type 1 Gage R&R - Analyzing Run Chart and I-mR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
M Type 2 GR&R (Gage R&R): % Contribution & % Std Var Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
W Type 1 Gauge (Gage) R&R Excel Template anyone? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 21
A Gage Block Repair - What type of stone is acceptable for removing burrs General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Type 1 Gage Study - What's your opinion on this gage? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J Type 1 Gage Study Excel Template Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
G Gage R&R for every gauge? Or is it only every type of gauge? MSA 3rd Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
Marc Errors - Uncertainty Type I, II, or Alpha, Beta vs. Gage R&R Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
PastorBee13 Attribute Gage R&R with no bad samples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
H Air Pressure Gage Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Spot Weld Nugget - MSA Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
F Should I perform several Gage R&R for every caliper to cover all specs range of use? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
T Gage R&R study - Ordinal data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Q Gage Pin Sets? Calibrate/Verify them all or just a sample size? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 22
S If 4 operate to measure, what is the value of k2?(MSA gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S Faro Arm, Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
8 MSA--Should I Use Parts or Gage Pins? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C Gage Block Grade 1 - Calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 15
R Gage Measuring 15 Parts at a Time Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
Q Gage calibration in disarray ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
M Gage R&R automated test equipment Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
PQ Systems Recipe for Success! 10 Ingredients for a Healthy Gage Management System Using GAGEpack Software 0
D Gage Repeatability for Faro Arm Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Comparing measurement results for a part from two ring gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Quick Gage R&R Question Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
PQ Systems Best Practices In Gage Management Using GAGEpack Software 0
PQ Systems Gage R&R - 3 Part Series Using GAGEpack Software 0
I Excel based Gage R&R VS Minitab calculation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
W Proper gage to use for receiving inspection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
A GAGE R&R Binomial with master list (for method validation) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
Q Gage calibration / tracking software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A R chart from ANOVA gage R&R test Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
T Plug Gage Calibration Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
L Gage R&R TMV Acceptance Criteria Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
S MSA for attribute relation gage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
E Zero part to part variation - Gage R&R project Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
M Gage R&R and right way to measure Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16