Games for mass participation in Continuous Improvement

Hi,
My company got award for Continous Improvement (CI) and I am tasked to organised some games related to CI for the masses during our lunch and award presentation. Can anyone recommend some games on CI.

Thank You

Regards

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Re: Games for mass participation in Continous Improvement

Anyone have anything that might help here?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin

Looks like no one here (at least right now) has any related games or such.

harry

Super Moderator

Continuous improvement is such a 'big' word. Perhaps you should narrow down to what you are trying to achieve.

As an example, if you are stressing team work (you cannot go wrong with this one) then, any team building games like the 'spider web' or 'river crossing' are good. At times, it depends on your creativity because games like spider web can reflect on many other things such as planning, execution and strategy.

I am not sure of your budget. If you do have, consider engaging a professional in this field. I've seen many impressive ones and they are in the affordable range.

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin
Hi,
My company got award for Continous Improvement (CI) and I am tasked to organised some games related to CI for the masses during our lunch and award presentation. Can anyone recommend some games on CI.

Thank You

Regards
There are some points that I didnot understand from your post, like -

1. Games during lunch :confused: Wont they be busy having "makan" (commonly used term in Singapore for lunch originated from Malay :)) ?

2. Who awarded the CI ? Any external institution ?

Why not show some of the improvements that your organization did or planning to do ? Or promote them to participate in the CI programme by having some incentives.

Hope that helps.

harry

Super Moderator
Ajit, I think what he meant is that his organization will be giving awards for continuous improvement programs and that he is in-charge of organizing some games/activities related to CI during the launching and award presentation ceremony.

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Hi,

Thank You

Regards
Could you share here what your company is doing. It will be easier to design the games w.r.t. the activities of your company. Also tell us the time slot available for the games, as well as the sequence where you are going to fit in the games. IMO it should not be the last activity before the lunch, or it will loose its sheen. Another important information needed is the available space, on stage and/or off stage, to decide about the number of participants. Your games can be more interactive if the participants are permitted to walk around the audience.

2. Is the award for 'Continuous Improvement' or for 'Continual Improvement'.

Umang :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I might have not make myself clear. My apology. What I mean is that I am tasked to organised the event as our company got a special recognition CI award by our corporate. This is to reward every employees in our company for their contribution to this award. Its a whole day event and beside lunch I am asked to orgainsed some games related to CI.

Thank You

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi,
I might have not make myself clear. My apology. What I mean is that I am tasked to organised the event as our company got a special recognition CI award by our corporate. This is to reward every employees in our company for their contribution to this award. Its a whole day event and beside lunch I am asked to orgainsed some games related to CI.

Thank You
Hello,

I did a search on "Games for large groups."

Anything there that you could use?

Stijloor.

S

S Johnson

Here are some I know about (these are all related to Lean):

Porsche POLE game - described in Lean Thinking

Numbers game

Airplane Game

The Beer Game from MIT

I got most of these from lean.org.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Operational (free) simulation games for manufacturing and quality Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
Marc Board Games - 2018 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
B Improving Behaviour Safety through Fun games Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
Marc Over 2,300 MS-DOS games now completely free to play at Internet Archive Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
W Lean Games and Simulations Web Site Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
A Commonwealth Games In Delhi, India - October 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
C Activities and Games to prepare for ISO Audit General Auditing Discussions 8
P What Video Games do you play? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 29
P Is there a correlation between Teen Violence & Video Games? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 28
W Games people play...needed for basic ISO training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 23
L Games/ fun/ incentives for ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
M Internal Audit Exercises/Games to Engage Auditors in Experiential Learning ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 34
B Games to understand SPC concepts - Variation, Tampering, (Deming funnel experiment) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
K Games for training - Introduction to ISO 9001 for Upper Management Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
Q Ideas for teaching statistics by using games - Games Trainers Play Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Q Games trainers play to teach basic statistical concepts Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
Claes Gefvenberg Fun and Viking Games - June 2004 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
V Looking for Quality Games - Manufacturing environment Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
D SPC training games - Basic training for manufacturing shop-floor guys and engineers Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
E Seeking "Games" Suitable for an Internal Problem Solving Course Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
P Quality Games and Deming's Red Bead Experiment Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 18
Felony Melony Project Milestone Plan-Development to Mass Production APQP and PPAP 2
J Extent of 2017/745: providing 3rd party mass produced devices to NHS patients EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Mass production handover check sheet (IATF 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S "Update" the PPAP Package after Mass Production Commences APQP and PPAP 2
U Cpk for Contaminant Mass - Washing Parts Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
E Japan - Medical Device Classification for Mass Spectrometry Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
J Doing a "yearly" mass calibration of gages over the weekend. Any advice? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
F Calibration Reference Standard for Mass Weight Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
K Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectometry (ICP) Test - Definition Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
R Do Mass Spectrometers fall under Medical Device Regulations in China? China Medical Device Regulations 4
F How to calculate the minimum Value of Mass needed for Scales Calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Best and Worst Mass Spectrometer Equipment Brands General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
G (Free) Mass Calibration Software - Calibration of Weights to UKAS Standards? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
D Family Mold in Mass Production? Lean Operation Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
J IQ, OQ and PQ for HPLC-UV or Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS) system General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Is a mass resignation and impending strike a form of nonconformity? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
W Process of Pre-Production under Mass Production Conditions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
R Tolerance Problem - How to consistently measure a mass production item General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 22
A Plastic Parts Mass - Plastic part weight to be +/- 0.5% from PPAP parts APQP and PPAP 14
R Sampling plans for mass-produced fasteners - I'm concerned with PPM and AOQL Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Validation of GC - MS (Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
ScottK Soliciting recommendations for a fast turnaround calibration house - Mass Flow Meter Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
T SPC Reaction Plans for Cpk of <1.33 during mass production Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
S MU of Mass & Pressure Calibrations Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
D Mass vs. Temperature vs. Time - Determining Time in a Temperature Controlled Room Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C Conventional Mass vs. Nominal Mass - Certify the in-house balances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
C Statistical methods could have caught UK mass murderer sooner! World News 3
C What's your BMI (Body Mass Index)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 60
A Sample Size and Frequency - In-process monitoring in a mass production shop Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2