Games/ fun/ incentives for ISO 14001

L

Larry99

Any games/fun/ incentives ideas to promote envoirnmental awareness and ISO 14001 among employees. We want to make the whole ISO 14001 project interesting to them and keep them motivated.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
adopt-a-hiway - give prizes for biggest piece of trash found, most unusual piece of trash found, whatever you can think of. Publish the winners in a newsletter.
Share information on some recycling project you either do, or choose to implement.
Games are not near as important as getting the word out, and getting input from as many people as possible, and then making sure those folks are appreciated.

L

Larry99

Thanks,

We do share information on recycling activities status in our monthly divisional meetings with employees. But I was looking for something entertaining too for them, not just bland numbers and charts. Thanks for your input.

Any games/fun/ incentives ideas to promote envoirnmental awareness and ISO 14001 among employees. We want to make the whole ISO 14001 project interesting to them and keep them motivated.

Hi,

My experience is more than ten years old; I think that it will work even today. We used the "Suggestion Box Scheme" encouraging each one of the employees to come out with at least one suggestion for improving the environment in the factory and outside. Almost all the about 1500 employees gave suggestions, one or more, and the best suggestions were awarded in a separate function. In my assessment such a programme created a lot of interest among the employees about environmental issues before we embarked on the ISO-14001 certification; this had provided a platform for us to build our system.

We also encouraged our employees to speak about the environmental issues that they considered important in each of the training sessions; this helped us to have a "buy-in".

With best wishes,

Ramakrishnan

Top Bottom