Gauging equipment supplier to the auto industry - Is 17025 relevant to me?

M

Mark Z

Is this relevant to me?

We supply gauging equipment to the auto industry and I need to know if this standard id relevant to us? We supply 'master' parts to which we set our gauges, is this relevant?

Help!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Originally posted by Mark Z:
We supply gauging equipment to the auto industry and I need to know if this standard id relevant to us? We supply 'master' parts to which we set our gauges, is this relevant?

Help!

With the limited scope of your question I assume you are talking about ISO17025, and the answer would be yes. What do your customers require and can you be more specific?

ASD...

D

D.Scott

Mark - you are asking the question under the 17025 string so I will assume you ask specifically about that standard. The only 17025 requirement that I am aware of in the auto industry has to do with testing and calibration labs. Your customer is required to verify that you, as a calibration or test lab, is accredited. Someone may correct me but to my knowledge there is no requirement for an equipment supplier to be accredited.

Having said that, if you are certifying the calibration of the equipment at the time the equipment was sold, you might fall under the requirement. (Note that if a qualified lab dosn't exist for a given piece of equipment, calibration may be performed by the original equipment manufacturer.)

I think the key here is the calibration. If you do no calibration service and simply sell a gauge to a customer which will be calibrated by someone else, then the requirement is not relevant to you.

Here comes the catch 22 - If your customer is a valued customer and says he wants you to be accredited, then the standard becomes very relevant.

As a supplier to the auto industry, you may be required to be registered to ISO-900x within 18 months. Just another thought to brighten your day.

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Should I purchase b89.1 1.10M? Acceptable low/high limits for gauging equipment? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
B Narrow limit gauging Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
M NPT thread gauging and the "rapping" process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
I 3 legged 5 Why - Hole diameter Oversize caused by Gauging Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
I Proper gauging of tight tolerance (reamed) holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Setting air gauging outside of a part tolerance Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
J Press Brake Tooling / Back Gauging - Holes for the back stop instead of the Part Edge Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
A Gauging method comparison - Air Gage vs. CMM Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
S Can we comingle Gauging Vision System and 3 Point Micrometers? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
D Air Gauging: Are the results affected by surface finish of the bore? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A PPAP Alternate Equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
Q Measurement Equipment Revocation - Looking for a Disposal Form with Risk Assessment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
E Comparison of Personal Protective Equipment Standards EN 14605 vs GB24539 and ISO 13982 vs GB 24539 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 0
E Comparison of Respiratory Protective Equipment Standards (China Standard Compare with EU standard of EN149 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
M Calibration of equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P 7.5.10 Customer property - applies to leased/rented equipment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
S Class I Equipment with mobile power inverter IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
U Calculate acceptance of equipment reading after calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
K Ground Bond Test for Class I Medical Electrical Equipment - calibration problems IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
W Equipment Bracketing Approach US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
H Still having trouble as to what equipment falls under 8.5.1.1 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Medical device equipment calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
J Register of the monitoring and measuring equipment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
B Do CTQs need to be equipment specific? FMEA and Control Plans 8
M IATF 16949 SI # 10: Integrated self-calibration of measurement equipment- Needs for explanation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B Risk analysis for defective measuring or measuring equipment out of calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C Revalidation of Process Equipment for Equipment Transfered to New Facility. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
V Clause 7.1.3.1 Plant, facility, and equipment planning Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
A Canadian Safety Labels for medical electrical equipment Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
lanley liao Question regarding the calibration of monitoring and measure equipment. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
P Equipment URS, pFMEA and dFMEA ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
D Question on equipment - when to use reference only or research only stickers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Gage RandR on automated equipment. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
W How long do you keep information about equipment no longer used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
B 4DINSPEC Inspection Equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
D Equipment Register and PM question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R Classification of USB DC operated medical equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
H IEC 60601-1 ME equipment or ME system IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Definition of equipment for ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Confusing on Harmonic Emissions/Voltage Fluctuations/Flicker test for CISPR 11 Class A Equipment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
C 8.5.1.1 Control of Equipment, Tools, and Software Programs - Questions about the extent of control of NC programs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Equipment Register related question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Y We found out we have been using a equipment without validation for past 4 years Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
I Equipment service dates ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Missing measuring equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
G Is repeatability required for equipment calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
A Looking for a third party to calibrate our measure equipment - South Carolina General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
K Problems with process equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4