GD&T Question, True Position Confusion

Bobyochen

Registered
Hi,

I need some help with the true position call outs on the flats of this drawing. Based on how the dimensions are called out I am unsure if I would take the true position of the individual flats or use a constructed line between the opposed flats and take the true position of that. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

Bobyochen.

View media item 4591

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
I understand your confusion. Using a Profile callout would have been more clear. However, consider the use of Position on a bolt hole. A functional gage checks the outside of the hole, not the center point. Same for a slot feature. Given that, I would interpret it to mean check the flats themselves.

Bobyochen

Registered
I understand your confusion. Using a Profile callout would have been more clear. However, consider the use of Position on a bolt hole. A functional gage checks the outside of the hole, not the center point. Same for a slot feature. Given that, I would interpret it to mean check the flats themselves.

Thank you for the reply.

I have been checking the positions of the individual flats relative to the two datums but I was a bit confused by the call out.

Top Bottom