The Data Protection Directive (officially Directive 95/46/EC on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data) is a European Union directive adopted in 1995 which regulates the processing of personal data within the European Union. It is an important component of EU privacy and human rights law.
- Elsmar does not "process" any data.
- People have to option to be totally anonymous when they register.
- The only required "information" when a person registers is an email address and "field of expertise".
- Registration email addresses are not shared, sold or otherwise revealed unless a person manually puts it in their profile.
- Every person has direct control over information in their User Profile, and can change that information, and can delete any information in it at any time.
- Information a person puts in their profile is public, but every person can leave all the fields blank.
- What a person posts is their own responsibility and it is understood that this is a public forum, so...
- Any person who wants their registration deleted can use the Contact Us link to make the request.