General Awareness Training for AS9100 Rev.D

S

Steve Berian

My employer has asked me to develop general awareness training for all levels of the firm, for AS-9100-D. I have read the standard including its notes and appendices. The request sounds like a tall order & rather unwieldy! Has anyone here produced similar AS-0100-D general awareness training?

AndyN

Moved On
My employer has asked me to develop general awareness training for all levels of the firm, for AS-9100-D. I have read the standard including its notes and appendices. The request sounds like a tall order & rather unwieldy! Has anyone here produced similar AS-0100-D general awareness training?

No-one needs to be aware of AS 9100 D. Some need awareness of its requirements (Process Owners) but for the general population, it's more effective to make them aware of the QMS.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Yes, the IAQG website has an executive management overview on AS9100D, but, unless the presenter is exceptional, it puts the audience to sleep in less than 10 minutes. Dryest material known to Man.

Andy is right. These types of general awareness presentations tend to be a waste of time. Actually, sometimes, instead of educating the workforce, it backfires because people might misunderstand that the organization is "doing AS9100" for all the wrong reasons. Symptoms of misunderstanding include references to things such as AS manuals, AS procedures, AS forms, etc.

As Andy mentioned, a few people in the organization should be aware of the requirements, but the general workforce should be exposed to the business requirements which affect their jobs, business requirements that (and obviously) include quality system requirements, as well.

Last edited:

Qualsys-EQMS

Registered
Hi Steve, Here's a generic AS 9100 training template you could modify for your own use: quality.eqms.co.uk/hubfs/
AS%209100%20D%20internal%20training%20template.pdf

This training goes into more of the why behind it rather than detailed clause-by-clause.

AndyN

Moved On
Hi Steve, Here's a generic AS 9100 training template you could modify for your own use: quality.eqms.co.uk/hubfs/

This training goes into more of the why behind it rather than detailed clause-by-clause.

Can you assist us in understanding what this training in AS9100 D will accomplish? What competency is going to be developed. Having a solution without understanding what needs to be "fixed" isn't going to be very effective....

DSalcido

Registered

Hello - Very interested in the training you mention but the link does not work. Could you send again or send the template to my email address? [email protected].
Thanks!

Top Bottom