Gizmos, Titles and Stuff - How They Work

J

Jim Biz

Ok - think I "got it" at least what I am seeing is darn close to what you have described!! Drop down admin's only work for "identified forums - think what was confusing me was that the admin drop-down list - although showing on each post would default to "not logged in" - unless I happend to be is the correct section..

I'll do some toying around with it this evening (even Moderators need a practice learning exercise or two.;)

Regards
Jim

A

Al Dyer

Jim, Marc,

Don't you know it! Old dogs and new tricks. Thanks for the post and replies.:)

J

Jim Biz

Well test one complete - I can open - close & edit without toooooo much trouble - but I quit there for now --- (don't want to go into thought process overload too quiclky :eek: ):rolleyes:

Regards
Jim

J

Jim Biz

Test Two

Test two seems to be successful - just one minor hang-up

All Admin option screens accounted for (the view queue - etc on the main pages - and all threads I don't mderate - none of which work - which is exactly what it supposed to do.

All editing/moving etc. pull downs are visable on the forums I do moderate and all but STICKY / UNSTICKEY work approriatley.

I seem to have a Sticky placed on a message that refuses to get "unsticky" --- I pulled down the menu to see if it had a control pannel - apparently it auto-toggled = goyt the screen telling the stickey had been successful... BUT it dosen't seem to "toggle" to unstickey and I don't get an option control panel for that process

I had thought it would toggle back to "unsticky" but so far it hasn't cooperated.

Regards
Jim

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Originally posted by Jim Biz

Drop down admin's only work for "identified forums - think what was confusing me was that the admin drop-down list - although showing on each post would default to "not logged in" - unless I happened to be is the correct section...
Offer to moderate, or help moderate, more forums and you'll have even More POWER!!! Tee hee hee!

Marc

Leader
Sticky Messages

As far as I can tell the Stick/Unstick dealie is like a one button on/off switch. On my browser, if I'm in a thread and go to the 'Admin' pull down menu and bring it down on a 'list item', I don't even have to press 'Go'. When I release my mouse button on the selection it goes there (or in this case runs the script). And, of course, you have to be in a thread for the menu item to appear. So - if I let go of the mouse while it's on the Stick/Unstick 'list item', it changes the thread to Sticky.

This said, if your browser is caching certain information you might have to use your 'Refresh' when you go back to the threads listing for the Sticky label to show. I have seen that happen on my peecee.

To Unstick the thread is the exact same procedure. Since it's already 'stuck', if you open the thread, go to the 'Admin' pull down and then let go of the mouse while it's on the Stick/Unstick 'list item', it changes the thread to Un-Sticky (or unstuck or whatever).

Marc

Leader
Originally posted by Randy
DUH!!!!! :confused:
Yes - all this is available to you in the 2 forums you moderate in. Now..... Aren't you glad you're a moderator???

J

Jim Biz

Inquiry??

Randy - did you really "not know" you could do all that as a moderator ??

OR?? did you have it all figured out before I asked a dumb question :D

Have a good weekend everyone
Regards
Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom