Globalization of corrective action and follow up

Lee.ck.2

Registered
How do you prove globalization of a corrective action and follow up without leaving a corrective action open? How do you prove follow up correctly?

anneliesehuss

Starting to get Involved
you would prove it by applying objective evidence. Ask yourself does this apply to any other machine, process or part? why or why not? what do you have to verify that?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
As part of a corrective action you are to "globalize"-apply to anything similar in process or product.
Is there a requirement anywhere for that? Obviously you want to apply lessons learned as widely as possible but if you don't exercise care and want to turn corrective actions in one specific issue as preventive actions everywhere else, you are seeking mission impossible.

Is this "globalization" of corrective actions something being advised by a "consultant"?

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
IATF 16949:2016
10.2.3 Problem Solving
The organization shall have a documented process(es) for problem solving including:
d) implementation of systemic corrective actions, including consideration of the impact on similar processes and products;

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
No applying the changes from the original CA to other products or processes is not required. But I've always added a statement in the 8D saying we reviewed similar product and what was decided. Sometimes we made changes to very similar parts for the same customer. Often the systemic changes would apply to similar parts automatically. But I always had a statement addressing item d.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
How do you prove globalization of a corrective action and follow up without leaving a corrective action open? How do you prove follow up correctly?
I think this may be the pertinent part of the question? I don’t believe the OP is asking about the requirement or advisability of extending corrective actions to any, some or all of the other parts or processes that may benefit from the change.

Lee.ck.2

Registered
I was dinged in an audit in a particular department. All corrective action was concentrated on that department. I had tunnel vision. This year a separate department had a similar process. I am now dinged for failure of effectiveness of CA.
I am at a loss of how do you show evidence and closure without leaving the CA open

Top Bottom