Glossy Screen Pros and Cons

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Have any of you used a 'glossy' screen yet? Are they 'better' than the regular screens? I'm considering a 'glossy' screen, but I've only seen a couple in stores.

Pros and Cons?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

harry

Super Moderator
Most LCD type screens over here are the glossy type - maybe it's a fashion now. 'Apparent' advantage include clearer and brighter pictures and a much better view from the side.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Have any of you used a 'glossy' screen yet? Are they 'better' than the regular screens? I'm considering a 'glossy' screen, but I've only seen a couple in stores.

Pros and Cons?
My IT guy has a new Mac laptop with a "glossy" screen and it looks absolutely awesome! He's trying to talk me into buying a machine like that.

Here is a site where Mac fanatics are going "head to head" about the "glossy" screens. Interesting.

Stijloor.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Pros and Cons?

Colors are a little brighter and richer. And, they seem to allow cleaning a little more easily.

O

Old Man Beaver

I just recieved a new HP 17" laptop with a glossy screen. Indoors with no glare it is beautiful. I absolutely cannot use it outdoors or in my car in the daylight. It is like looking into a black mirror and I can barely make out any of the screen. Indoors, reflections from outdoors, lamps, and other light sources interfere with viewing the screen. Laptops are supposed to be able to be used almost anywhere. I can use my older Toshiba with very little problem except for direct sunlight. I am returning the HP tomorrow. I purchased the HP from Circuit City and nowhere in thier advertisement did I see any mention of a glossy screen. Old Man Beaver

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc Informational Apple Tells App Developers To Disclose Or Remove Screen Recording Code World News 0
T Screen Supports for Use in an Operating Room and IEC 60601 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
R ESD issue with capacitive touch screen IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
J Screen Print Longevity Test Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
K Laptop Screen Flickers After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
S Computer Screen Video Capture and Recording Software with Audio After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
A Top Brand Flat Screen LCD & Plasma TVs - California Ban After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
T Touch Screen Capable Software suggestions for SPC (Statistical Process Control) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
N MasterControl Document Control Software Screen Shots wanted Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
M Classification of a disposable Screen Pointer for use by surgeons on monitors? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R LCD-TFT screen with player for publicity film - Commercial device CE Marking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Marc Forum User Name - Choosing a forum User Name (aka 'handle' or 'screen name') Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
Marc Screen Capture Programs After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Marc Size of Portable Computer Screen for Travel and Why? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 19
P Appearance Approval Report (AAR) Difficulties - Decorative Graphics Screen Printing APQP and PPAP 12
Marc Plasma Screen TVs Use 4 Times the Energy CRT TVs Do After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 10
Crusader Big Screen TVs 4 Us After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Marc FMEA for Silk Screen Printing FMEA and Control Plans 3
A What are the pros and cons of using an audit software for internal auditing? General Auditing Discussions 7
M Standards Subscription Service and Standards Tracking Service Pros and Cons? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational US FDA – Patient-Reported Outcomes (PROs) in Medical Device Decision Making Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc SAS vs. R vs. Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
Claes Gefvenberg Windows 8.1 - Pros & cons, hints & tips. After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Sam Lazzara Medical Device Barcode Pros and Cons: GS1 versus HIBC Other Medical Device Related Standards 13
K What are the Pros and Cons of Auditing? General Auditing Discussions 1
JoCam ESD Flooring vs. Concrete - Pros and Cons Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
BradM Calling all Regression Analysis Pros! Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
V Corporate Quality Management System - Structure, Pros and Cons? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
R Recognition Programs for Good Suppliers - Pros and Cons Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
GStough Internal Audit Checklist as a Controlled Document - Pros and Cons Internal Auditing 19
J Quality Pros? Salaries on the Upswing, ASQ Salary Survey Says Career and Occupation Discussions 4
AnaMariaVR2 Pros & Cons of FDA viewing QAU Audit Report Findings US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
E Should FDA implement 3rd party (PMAs) reviews? What are the pros and cons of doing so Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
W Pros and Cons of continued ISO 17025 accreditation ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
Q Pros and Cons of Duplicating Documents & Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Jeff Putman Multi-Division QMS Certification - Pros & Cons IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
somashekar Definition SMOI (Supplier Managed Owned Inventory) delivery terms - Pros and Cons Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
V Pros and Cons of integrating ISO 14001 and ISO 9001? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
T Pros and Cons of Combined TS 16949 and ISO 14001 Audits General Auditing Discussions 3
H What are the pros and cons of working with gage pins? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
A ISO 9001 Registration Pros and Cons ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
J Pros and cons for combining ISO 14001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
P Portable CMM, new purchase: PROs and Cons General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D Ford Q-1 Pros and Cons Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
R Rework by Inspectors - Pros and cons of a quality inspector also doing rework? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
G ISO 9001 Procedures: Flowchart vs. Text - Pros and Cons ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
T Understanding of, and Pros and Cons of, 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
R Registrar Audit Frequency - Pros and Cons of a 1 year vs a 6 month frequency ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12