Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

GM Controlled Shipping Level 1 - Are you required to contact the TS 16949 Registrar?

G

GMSlave

Help Please- If you are a Tier 1 suppler to GM and are put on Controlled Shipping Level 1 (CS1) are you required to contact the TS 16949 Auditor / registrar... The GM Customer Specific is not very clear on CS1... CS2 is very clear!

Peters

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: GM Controlled Shipping Level 1

You are right. Text isn't clear.
But in "IAOB Clarification of the Impact of Customer Special Status Conditions" I can't see information - "Firm must contact CB".
From my experience - usually customer send information to the CB and your contact isn't so important.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Re: GM Controlled Shipping Level 1 - Are you required to contact the TS 16949 Registr

I would not for CSI. (and have not in the past, but mentioned to the external auditor during surveillance audit).

CSII is clear.

M

Mustang

Re: GM Controlled Shipping Level 1 - Are you required to contact the TS 16949 Registr

It looks like it depends on if GM put you on New Business Hold as a result of the CS1 (from GM Customer Specifics Document):

4.2.8 Certification Body Notification and Certification Status – “New Business
Hold – Quality”
The organization shall notify its Certification Body within 5 business days after being placed in GM
Business Hold – Quality. The status of “New Business Hold – Quality” shall be a violation of clause
8.2.1.1 Customer satisfaction – Supplemental.
The certification of the organization shall be placed on immediate suspension * by the certification
of record upon receiving notice of GM “New Business Hold – Quality.”
*See Annex 4, Automotive Certification Scheme for ISO/TS 16949:2002, Rules for
achieving IATF recognition.”
1. In the event of certification suspension as a result of an organization receiving notice of General
Motors “New Business Hold – Quality,” the organization shall complete a corrective action plan.
The organization shall submit the corrective action plan to the Certification Body of record and
the affected customer(s) within 10 business days of the date of the letter of notification of probation.
The corrective action plan of the organization shall be consistent with the affected customer(s)
requirements including correction steps, responsibilities, timing information, and key metrics to
identify effectiveness of the action plan.
2. Before any suspension can be lifted, the Certification Body of record will conduct an on-site
assessment of appropriate length to verify effective implementation of all corrective actions.

AND

NOTE 2: The GM special status conditions of CS I (Controlled Shipping – Level I), or CS II
(Controlled Shipping – Level II) are performance indicators of organization product realization
problems. Such status should have resolution, or credible resolution and corrective plans in
place, which are confirmed by the customer.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

You can check the current status of your company, CSI, CSII and NBH at the GM GQTS portal. Your quality manager and/or Quality engineer that handles GM has access to this information.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Re: GM Controlled Shipping Level 1

You are right. Text isn't clear.
But in "IAOB Clarification of the Impact of Customer Special Status Conditions" I can't see information - "Firm must contact CB".
From my experience - usually customer send information to the CB and your contact isn't so important.
In the USA, the customer generally does not notify the CB for CS1 or CS2. Customers generally contact me for CS1, always for CS2.

Top Bottom