GM (General Motors) Shop Floor Excellence Audit

S

Sporty

I know this isn't exactly the right section to post in, but there is no Customer Specific section, and this seems to be the GM place these days.
We recently had GM in our plant doing the "GM Shop Floor Excellence Audit", and I have uploaded a copy for anyone interested. I suggest if you supply GM, you take a look. They have audited approximately 200 suppliers so far, and not one has received the green "pass". For us this means, the SQE will be returning to follow up on the action plan, which is unfortunate, because he sure was not easy to deal with.
Our SQE also tells us it will become a Customer Specific requirement soon, and this audit goes beyond QS9000 or TS16949.

Just thought I'd pass the audit checklist on to anyone interested!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't one of the reasons for the introduction of QS-9000 was to reduce the redundancy of multiple audits?

ASD...

R

RAAFATATTA

Re: GM Shop Floor Excellence Audit

Is There Any Update For Shop Floor Excellence Audit For Gm

A quick review (I wasn't around the Cove when this was first posted) seems to me like this was a precursor of the GM version of Layered Process Audit.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

Is There Any Update For Shop Floor Excellence Audit For Gm
RAAFATATTA

A good internal audit program, addressing all processes, will do the job. No need to pile on more duplicate (and often non-value added) work.

Stijloor.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin

A good internal audit program, addressing all processes, will do the job. No need to pile on more duplicate (and often non-value added) work.
I think it may be, or have been, a GM requirement, Stijloor.

If anyone knows the current version, or if it is still a requirement, any feedback will be appreciated. Has it been replaced by the GM version of Layered Process Audit?

Remember, this thread was started in 2001... It is now approximately 7 years later.

B

bgwiehle

If anyone knows the current version, or if it is still a requirement, any feedback will be appreciated. Has it been replaced by the GM version of Layered Process Audit?
I was reminded more of the QSB (Quality System Basics) audit, current version dated 02/05/2007.

I haven't seen any changes to GM LPA requirements, which are very vague.

B.G. Wiehle

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

I think it may be, or have been, a GM requirement, Stijloor.

Remember, this thread was started in 2001... It is now approximately 7 years later.
I know, I was responding to post #5.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Problem Resolution Report Monitoring - Customer complaint or PRR as general motors use Customer Complaints 12
J General Motors SSE Launch Algorithm - SCMS's Service Industry Specific Topics 0
Marc General Motors - 3D Scanning the Competition World News 2
K Production Operators Performing GP12 (General Motors Containment) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
R These countries require ISO/TS16949 or ISO9001 to General Motors Mexico to export? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
X General Motors' initial process study requirements APQP and PPAP 1
A GM (General Motors) Creative Team Bid List - TS Code Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
T GM (General Motors) Audit according to PCA or PCPA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 8
R GM (General Motors) QSB Fast Response Program Customer and Company Specific Requirements 12
C GM (General Motors) ISO 9001:2008 Certification/Registration Needed? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
B Is GMW2M-ST S HR a General Motors standard? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Marc General Motors is planning to shut down Saab World News 10
L GM Mega Supplier - General Motors Mega Supplier protocol regarding APQP help needed IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J General Motors Global Customer Audit (GCA) - HELP Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
L General Motors requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B General Motors Key Characteristic Designation System (KCDS) monitoring in aftermarket Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
B General Motors QSB (Quality System Basics) - Standard work instructions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N Why has Toyota won Market Share from General Motors? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 12
O What are GM's (General Motors) color codes? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 14
P Shutdown FMEA required by General Motors - Looking for a sample FMEA and Control Plans 9
W General Motors' Rick Wagoner's View of the automotive industry World News 25
R GM Layered Process Audit - Seeking the actual General Motors requirements Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 36
M GM (General Motors) GP-12 (GP12): aka GM's Targets for Excellence General Procedures Customer and Company Specific Requirements 10
L Tool to Identify Systemic Failures - 'Drill Deep & Wide' - GM (General Motors) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 35
H Where can I get an electronic copy of General Motors GP-11 form? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
J General Motors GP-10 Standard QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 14
A GM (General Motors) Bulletin 803en - Unauthorized changes PPAP APQP and PPAP 4
M ISO 13485 for general purpose disinfectants? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
DitchDigger UDI, Labeling Accessories, General Insanity, Etc. US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
P Is there a counterpart to the General Safety and Performance Regulations for the USA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
C CE marking for general IVD (self-certified) & ISO 13485 QMS requirements - auditing EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Informational WHO – Report by the Director-General – Standardization of medical devices nomenclature Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Incoming (Receiving) Inspection - General form for incoming part inspection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
M Informational 2019 Meeting Materials of the General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA Guidance - general wellness products - wearables Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
MrTetris GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation - Only applicable to EU data? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
M Informational The USFDA Announces General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee Meeting on March 25-26, 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Oxygen enriched environment applicability - Operating table used in general surgeries in hospital IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
Marc Definition GSPR - General Safety and Performance Requirements Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
M Annex I - General Safety and Performance Requirements. Precise identity - how provided EU Medical Device Regulations 6
E What is the general time line to prepare for IATF Letter of Conformance? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S General Awareness Training for AS9100 Rev.D AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
B IVD or a general product test kit (if such a thing exists) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
L GDPR scope - "Personal data" definition - General Data Protection Regulation EU Medical Device Regulations 5
S GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) - My company is ISMS certified IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
S Business development and support - Getting business general liability insurance Career and Occupation Discussions 5
DietCokeofEvil What is the general consensus on Caliper tolerances? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
W EU GDPR General Data Protection Regulation - What we need to update for our QMS EU Medical Device Regulations 10
Y Change Control - General Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1