GM (General Motors) Shop Floor Excellence Audit

S

Sporty

I know this isn't exactly the right section to post in, but there is no Customer Specific section, and this seems to be the GM place these days.
We recently had GM in our plant doing the "GM Shop Floor Excellence Audit", and I have uploaded a copy for anyone interested. I suggest if you supply GM, you take a look. They have audited approximately 200 suppliers so far, and not one has received the green "pass". For us this means, the SQE will be returning to follow up on the action plan, which is unfortunate, because he sure was not easy to deal with.
Our SQE also tells us it will become a Customer Specific requirement soon, and this audit goes beyond QS9000 or TS16949.

Just thought I'd pass the audit checklist on to anyone interested!

A

Al Dyer

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't one of the reasons for the introduction of QS-9000 was to reduce the redundancy of multiple audits?

ASD...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
GM's Shop Floor Excellence Audit

This is it, I think.

Attachments

• shop_floor_excellence_audit.xls
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,488
R

RAAFATATTA

Re: GM Shop Floor Excellence Audit

Is There Any Update For Shop Floor Excellence Audit For Gm

AndyN

Moved On

A quick review (I wasn't around the Cove when this was first posted) seems to me like this was a precursor of the GM version of Layered Process Audit.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Is There Any Update For Shop Floor Excellence Audit For Gm

RAAFATATTA

A good internal audit program, addressing all processes, will do the job. No need to pile on more duplicate (and often non-value added) work.

Stijloor.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

A good internal audit program, addressing all processes, will do the job. No need to pile on more duplicate (and often non-value added) work.
I think it may be, or have been, a GM requirement, Stijloor.

If anyone knows the current version, or if it is still a requirement, any feedback will be appreciated. Has it been replaced by the GM version of Layered Process Audit?

Remember, this thread was started in 2001... It is now approximately 7 years later.

B

bgwiehle

If anyone knows the current version, or if it is still a requirement, any feedback will be appreciated. Has it been replaced by the GM version of Layered Process Audit?

I was reminded more of the QSB (Quality System Basics) audit, current version dated 02/05/2007.

I haven't seen any changes to GM LPA requirements, which are very vague.

B.G. Wiehle

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I think it may be, or have been, a GM requirement, Stijloor.

Remember, this thread was started in 2001... It is now approximately 7 years later.

I know, I was responding to post #5.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom