GM specs GP 5 PRR, GP 8 Continuous Improvement

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Kedarg,

The standards are available on www.gmsupplypower.com if you are a GM supplier. If you are a TIER 2 to GM, the TIER 1 (=your customer) should be able to get you copies. The standards are copyrighted documents. You might older versions of the standards using Google search with word like, general procedure GM continuous improvement)

A quick search found this document, (not GM, but AAM, which is a company which was part of GM several years ago).

https://online.aam.com/pls/portal30/docs/FOLDER/CA_SUPPLIER/F_SUPPLIER_COMMON/F_SUPPLIER_COMMON_REQANDSPECS/F_SUPPLIER_REQSPEC_SQRM/AAMSP8_2005_0_0.DOC

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: GP 5 PRR, GP 8 Cont Improvement

This refers to the engineering and material specs not the quality procedures
Some of the GM procedures are available at http://www.gmsupplypower.com/ even if you are not registered
Go to the Quality library
Hello Howard,

Oops! :bonk::bonk: I should have checked this link. Thank you so much for pointing this out.

Can you help me where to find this stuff on the gmsupplypower site?
It keeps telling me that I must be registered. I am not a supplier to GM.

Stijloor.

B

bgwiehle

See attached. Please verify that it is the latest version.
Stijloor's attachment is not the latest version - current revision is dated May 2007 (although cover page still says June 2006).

Why does a non-supplier to GM need a copy of a GM procedure? :confused:

B.G. Wiehle

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Stijloor's attachment is not the latest version - current revision is dated May 2007 (although cover page still says June 2006).

Why does a non-supplier to GM need a copy of a GM procedure? :confused:

B.G. Wiehle
Hello bgwiehle,

Any idea where we could get the latest version? I am unable to acquire this document from the GM site. Yes, I am a non-supplier. I am sure there are many like me (trainers, consultants, auditors, etc.) who would like to have access to this and other (hard-to-get) customer (very-specific) documents.

Stijloor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 'Failure rate leading to false-negatives and repeat testing' - MDCG and Common Tech Specs Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
J Superseded Specs and old drawings Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 19
Moumen H Variations between ASTM A29 Standard for steel bars and Mill test certificates specs Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
F What is 'floor' in an instrument's specs Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
J Ethicon Suture - Why Ethicon specs are different internationally Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
H How to control when control limit is out of Specs limit Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
L Sources for Searching Old Electronic Parts Specs (Counterfeit Inspection) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
S Does anyone use the Boeing STP0565 and STP0637 specs? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
P What is ion contamination? Specs are C-7000 & Q1000-119 - Material is Ultradur B4300 Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
Q Kraft Paper / Core Paper MSDS - Plastic Specs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Wiring Specs to Supplier - How wires are spooled, labeled, marked, etc. Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J API Q1 9th Raw Material Specs on P.O.s Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
R What are the "Must Have" Specs and Standards for AS9100 Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
C Micrometer Parallelism and Flatness Calibration Requirements and Specs General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
P Has VX3 127-131 has been replaced by a BAEP spec? BAE Specs - VX3 128 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C How to use GR&R for Machine Repeatability Study when there are no specs? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M ERTMS/ETCS RAM (Reliability, Availability & Maintainability) Requirements Specs. Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
S Looking for Aerospace Specs - see inside AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
C Superseded military specifications (MIL specs) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 19
Miner Intro to MSA of Continuous Data - Part 9: %Tolerance for One-sided Specs Imported Legacy Blogs 3
G S30100 steel bar spec - related specs, ASTM or AMS? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Should we consider Precision of Machine Reading when setting Inspection Specs? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Where can I buy TS 16949 technical specs and manuals? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
F Mil Specs (US Military Specifications) ..... FREE in .pdf Acrobat format Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 5
A ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 combined? Talk within ISO to combine these two specs ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 12
B Measurement System Manufacturer specs - Customers have been asking about our Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
R Looking for FAA specs - C.A.S.E. - Air Carrier Section Policies and Procedures Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 11
I Sampling plan vs. test samples - All samples taken have to be tested to all specs? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A How to establish linkage between specs/control plan/FMEA/process flow? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
S ASTM specs - Control and Update of Documents of External Origin Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 20
M Thread Gage Calibration Software to look up requireds/specs for thread gages Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 48
J Is there a site on the internet where I can download Mil-Specs? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
S Control Plans - Painting Facility - QC manager wants to remove some of the specs FMEA and Control Plans 3
Geoff Cotton VW Volkswagen Specs Online for suppliers? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Marc Where to find government DoD specifications and standards - Mil Specs Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
G Problem Resolution Report Monitoring - Customer complaint or PRR as general motors use Customer Complaints 12
H What constitutes a PRR? Had a non conformance at customer but... Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
W Production Readiness Review (PRR) - Looking for procedure examples Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
Marc Definition PRR - Problem Reporting and Resolution - Production Readiness Review Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
Quality Runner Continuous monitoring of validated process – sample sizes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
H Verification of the purchased products which are services, like continuous IT services ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D ANSI/ASQC Z1.9 VS MIL-STD-1916 for Continuous Sampling Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
Q AMS 2750 E or F Continuous Furnace TUS Data Collection AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Continuous Improvement Plan - Plastic injection molding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D Is PMCF really a continuous activity per Annex XIV,Part B? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M "Issue & continuous improvement" columns in AIAG-VDA PFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 4
G Lean Kaizen: continuous, step-by-step improvement in the Lean direction Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
gramps What is the difference between discrete and continuous variables? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
A How to set up Continuous CpK monitoring of an injection mold process Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7