GMDN code wanted - Software for handling records

Hello everyone!

I would like to find a GMDN code for a new product without the pricy registering process :(

It is a software for handling records.

Thank you in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Thanks guys, I guess I just got a little tired of repeating.

Expanding a little, have you noticed the prevalence of this state of mind: "Ask, and thou shall be given"...? I guess I shouldn't complain - these days it is indeed possible to get a lot of things for absolutely free, so we tend to get used to it, and why not ask?... Sometimes it's really and legally for free - examples: Open Source SW, some answers and resources on Elsmar; sometimes it's plain illegal but easy to get away with - example: pirated PDFs of published standards on the web; and sometimes it's a bait, where people don't notice what's going on - example: free use of social media to lure people to provide info and get exposed to targeted advertisement. Heck, I take part on both sides - I download and use F/OOS and I provide free answers on Elsmar.

Even where you have to pay, some stuff is unbelievably cheap. I buy things on eBay where the total cost, including shipping from China to Australia, is less than what can possibly be the minimal cost of ordinary mail (<$1, I honestly don't understand how anyone makes any profit this way). I guess this is the endpoint of unrestrained commercial competition. But why should I complain?...

So, why pay for something when you can get it for free, with no (apparent) consequences? Because it's morally right (and if so, does that mean volunteering is wrong)? Because in the bigger scheme it's more sustainable? And, who cares about morals or bigger schemes when the business is struggling?

Sam Lazzara

Trusted Information Resource
Last edited:

Sam Lazzara

Trusted Information Resource
Search Term: Drug Coated Stent

First hit:
Term Details
Name
Drug-coated-metal coronary artery stent
Definition
A sterile, non-bioabsorbable, metallic tubular mesh structure covered with a drug directly on the metal surface (i.e., not eluted by a polymer or carbon coating), designed to be implanted via a delivery catheter into a de novo or restenotic native coronary artery, during a percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), to maintain its patency typically in a patient with symptomatic atherosclerotic heart disease. The drug is intended to inhibit restenosis by reducing vessel smooth muscle cell proliferation; neither polymers nor antibody coating are included. Disposable devices associated with implantation may be included.
Code

Status
Active
Created Date 24 Aug 2016
Buy it Now Add to My Shortlist Add to Enquiry Move to My Archive Return to My Terms

After clicking on Buy it Now:

Confirmation

Thank you for your purchase.
The code for term Drug-coated-metal coronary artery stent is below.
Please copy this code, or print this page.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
You can now get GMDN Codes and Names by subscribing to a BASIC account that is free of charge.

No kidding...not April Fools! I just joined and it works.
Press Release: The Basic GMDN membership is made available as a free service - GMDN Agency
Compare Plans - GMDN Agency

After you join and search for, and find the GMDN Term Name and Definition, you click on "Buy it Now" and the GMDN Code appears, for free.
Life is good(?)
Yes, this is fresh out of the oven.
I hope that's the end for our (endless) discussions about obtaining GMDN codes. Good riddance!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Description for GMDN Code wanted Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
S GMDN Code for Chitosan Products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
L GMDN code differences, Manufacturer and Sponsor Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
somashekar Do NB's want the Declaration of Conformity with GMDN code? EU Medical Device Regulations 14
S Disposable Loop Electrode - GMDN/or UMDNS code? Imported Legacy Blogs 3
B GMDN Codes again - Code for "spinal fixation system" Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
G Cost for Generating one Class IIb Medical Device GMDN Code Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
S GMDN Code (Class IIb) for Male Condom Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
A Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Code ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A GMDN Registration Basic preliminary Information EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Is it compulsory to update the obsolete GMDN codes in ARTG? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
JoshuaFroud How important is using the "correct" GMDN? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
F UMDN vs GMDN - What are the differences? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M GMDN PT Codes vs. FDA Preferred Term (PT) Codes Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M GMDN Term Development Timeline? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
N GMDN codes for orthopedic implants Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
J Where to get GMDN Codes Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
F UMDNS and GMDN Codes - When a Preferred Term has been Retired Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
J0anne GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) in EU and US Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J0anne GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Australia, Japan, Turkey, Brazil Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
SteveK UMDNS and GMDN ? How about UNCCS? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
P GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes (searchable database) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 17
K Medical Device Nomenclature - GMDN and ISO15225 - When should it be applied? Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
V GMDN Codes for 'High Frequency Radiosurgical systems' ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
V List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 48
chris1price GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 85
C Brazil - Product Code (and brand) Change Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Marc Medical device vulnerability highlights problem of third-party code in IoT devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
MDD_QNA QR Code Standard ISO/IEC 15417:2007 - Does anyone use it? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
K REF symbol with product code in the IFU EU Medical Device Regulations 1
DitchDigger Boston Fire Code: Who Does What? (CAL TB 117-2013; CAL TB 133) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
John Broomfield Informational Chartered Institute of Building - Code on Quality Management Service Industry Specific Topics 2
K REF code and Consult IFU in Shipping carton boxes. EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K FDA Lot Code format requirements Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
M How to Select FDA Medical Device Product Code? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
R How to find out the UMDNS code for medical devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Marc Informational Apple Tells App Developers To Disclose Or Remove Screen Recording Code World News 0
S Is Software code documentation required for FDA premarket submissions? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
C QR Code on Medical Device Packaging and Notification to Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S IAF Codes - Examples of what falls under each code General Information Resources 2
Edward Reesor Exporting from China - Unified Social Credit Code ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
H FDA product code and regulation number Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
R Statutory/Regulatory for NACE Code 25.9 (Manufacture of fabricated metal products) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Marc 2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W56.22XA - Struck by orca Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
Marc IAQG-OASIS - 9101:2016 Form 4: Cause Code Listing Now Included in Form AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
W CPU BIST IEC 62304 - Embedded code has CPU instruction tests IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
S What is the IAF code for Medical Devices? Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
K Colour Code Requirements for Waste Bins/Bags Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Marc Modified Google Glass can teach you Morse Code in four hours World News 0