GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes (searchable database)

C

Celador

Hi Celador,

First go to the link in the thread of PalmoAnest. Then you will see the GMDN at top between Device Category and Registrant. In the GMDN, you can find the all codes. But because of there are thousands of codes, there is no one list. You should try to find the right code by using the name of the product.
Thanks so much. Did this, and found my answer. Best wishes.

S

SteveK

Re: GMDN code (searchable database)

It is interesting when searching what devices the database does not have e.g. relating to my area of oxygen therapy, suction etc.

Replying to my own post - but there is a reason. I have now found some GMDN codes relating to the type of devices (competitor products!) I deal with and I have found a problem. I have some pukka GMDN codes (straight from the horse's mouth so to speak) and a couple of equivalent items published on the SMDR come up as having obsolete GMDN codes. GMDN continually update codes, so it is possible that some devices were registered with the correct code at the time - but now it will be out of date. Or SMDR have hyperlinks to an out of date GMDN database which holds the code, the device term and its definition. Either way I suggest you use the database with caution!:mg:

Steve

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Thanks for the update, Steve!

C

Celador

Replying to my own post - but there is a reason. I have now found some GMDN codes relating to the type of devices (competitor products!) I deal with and I have found a problem. I have some pukka GMDN codes (straight from the horse's mouth so to speak) and a couple of equivalent items published on the SMDR come up as having obsolete GMDN codes. GMDN continually update codes, so it is possible that some devices were registered with the correct code at the time - but now it will be out of date. Or SMDR have hyperlinks to an out of date GMDN database which holds the code, the device term and its definition. Either way I suggest you use the database with caution!:mg:

Steve
Thanks. Hmmmmm. A pity. Seems a lot of people wanting a GMDN and baulking at the high fee to get it.

A

AMINC

This worked for me. Just use the GMDN tab; takes a little searching but I found what I was looking for. Thanks for posting.

Rocke

Involved In Discussions
Conversion tables between EDMS and GMDN codes are available here:
http: //www. edma-ivd. be /index.php?id=882 - DEAD 404 LINK UNLINKED

Last updated July 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nerdymama

Does anyone have a problem when they cannot find their GMDN Code in the HSA Singapore website during the registration process?
My supplier provided me with their code but I couldn't find it.
Any advice? :confused:

Thanks!

T

twix38

Does anyone have a problem when they cannot find their GMDN Code in the HSA Singapore website during the registration process?
My supplier provided me with their code but I couldn't find it.
Any advice? :confused:

Thanks!

me too! what class are u registering under?

ghamze

Registered
Hi all, I am just beginning to search for codes, we are a maxillofacial laboratory who make custom made devices. Are their codes for the software we use for pre-operative planning? Also are there codes for 3D printed models used for pre-operative planning? Any advice very welcome, I am in the UK.

Top Bottom