GMW15920 and other GMW Requirements

KyleB

Quality Engineer
Good Morning. :bigwave:
I have a general question in regards to the GMW requirements. We are transitioning to IATF 16949. Does the GMW requirements, i.e. 15920, 15049, 1927-03, GP-12 do these only affect Tier 1 suppliers? We are tier 2, and have not been ask by "our" customer who supplies GM. Does anyone have any experience or input in this?
Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Good Morning. :bigwave:
I have a general question in regards to the GMW requirements. We are transitioning to IATF 16949. Does the GMW requirements, i.e. 15920, 15049, 1927-03, GP-12 do these only affect Tier 1 suppliers? We are tier 2, and have not been ask by "our" customer who supplies GM. Does anyone have any experience or input in this?
Thanks.
I think these requirements affect everyone because they're written in the Customer Specific Requirements for GM. As long as GM receives your product, I'm pretty sure you have to comply. We are wondering if the GMW 15920 applies to us as well because we have a similar situation but saw you must purchase the GMW15920 handbook in order to access it. I'd love to find out more information as well if you ever find out more.

xfngrs

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have the handbook and its a doozie. Supplier project records must be stored by suppliers in a way that will make it effective to find and retrieve records for business, legal or tax purposes for the entire retention period.

You need to have a process for legal discovery of information and data and to be able to put it on hold in case of litigation.

PPAP - records 50 years plus. Then they list in detail what they consider PPAP records.

We are looking at document control packages right now but they are not for legal purposes; they are for easy updates to process control documents.

Does anyone have a document control system like this? Not being involved in legal affairs I don't know what this really means.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L GMW15920-2010 Records Retention for GM Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
R GMW 15571 - Flammability IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
V Interpreting Zinc Plating Specification GMW 3044 - 6K96/48 APQP and PPAP 2
V PPAP Requirements including GMW 3179 Zinc Plating Specification Requirements APQP and PPAP 3
Q Does any one have a copy of GMW 3034? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
K GMW 3107 GMLAN Functional Handler Specification Customer and Company Specific Requirements 17
D GM's GMW 3059 - Restricted and Reportable Materials For Parts Specification Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
M Substance reporting for PPAP GMW 3059 APQP and PPAP 41
D Labeling requirements for reagents, etc ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Addiotional National requirements for placing MD in the EU countries EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G Tool tracebility and First calibration requirements for aerospace (AS9100) organisation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
T Controlled Forms or documented requirements for records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
E SIP/SOP requirements for USB port used for charging IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
S Requirements to obtain ISO 50001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
L Exemption from the Regulation COVID-19 and QMS requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A ANSI/AAMI versions of 60601-1-2 and related testing requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
P Equipment 21 CFR 820.70(g) - User Requirements Document for Off the shelf equipment 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
S PSW - Requirements for "off-the shelf" component that has multiply manufacturing locations Off the Shelf Item Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
D IATF16949 - Interpretation of Customer Requirements clauses Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
S Customer Specific Requirements (CSR) not signed/approved IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
B FCA US IATF 16949 Customer Requirements updates Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
A Does ISO 9001:2015 cover all the requirements of ISO 10012:2003? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Non-EU Language Requirements Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
A Baby food manufacture - food safety requirements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
S Forced ServiceNow validation - No change in our current user and functional requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 6
P Surgical masks ( type IIR) - Cleanroom Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K IEC 62304 - Functional and performance requirements for SOUP items IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D IVD (in vitro diagnostic) Labelling Requirements - 98/79/EC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
dgrainger Clue to UK's new regulatory requirements - approval of all devices placed on the market? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R Requirements for MDR Article 22 Systems EU Medical Device Regulations 1
shimonv Minimum 60601 requirements for a clinical trial IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
W Insulation requirements of BF type infant skin temperature probe IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
L FDA Biocompatibility Requirements - Transitory Contact Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
Ed Panek CE Mark Requirements on Kits (off the shelf product requirements met) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Interpretation of GMP Requirements for class 1 medical device manufacturer (device GMP exempt, only General controls applicable) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Turkish Requirements - Does the Software need to be translated? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A Regulatory requirements for electrical cosmetic appliances US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
M IEC 61000-4-2: Requirements for coating declared as insulating IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
K China Medical Device Labeling requirements - Language China Medical Device Regulations 3
S A clinical performance evaluation study with an IVD product as Investagional Use product - Clinical Monitor requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Requirements for "Claims Guide" for medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
F Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Technical File Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R AS9100 - 8.4.2 - Receiving Inspection Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Requirements for an MDD approved device after 26/05/2021 EU Medical Device Regulations 3
F Labelling requirements for a medical device containing fragrance allergens EU Medical Device Regulations 3