Golf Academies - Need your suggestions

S

Stevens

Hello everybody, it was just great to be back from my friends place and his involvement in helping his kids adopt a sport really struck me. I have also decided to have my son join a golf camp as he seems to be interested in that sport. I have made the necessary enquiries but like to have some suggestions from you people on some good golf academies. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
No golfers here? Just to bump one from January that I came across...

L

LNeJame

If you are looking for junior stuff, try looking into the USGA's website, www.usga.org, they will probably have links to teachers and/or academies. Also there is the AJGA (American Junior Golf Association), www.ajga.org, they host junior tournaments all over the country.

From either of these sites you should be able to find a school or golf classes.

What area of the country are you in? I am pretty familiar with places in Central Florida.

R

rlsavard

When I was 17 my dad's job sent him to the Greenbrier Resort for a medical check up. Since I was still a minor I got to go stay at the resort for free and took a lesson one of the days to fill up some time. The lesson was great, Sam Snead used to live there and gave me a tip: Let gravity do the work.

Here is a link to their golf academy website:
http://www.greenbrier.com/site/golf-academy.aspx

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
If you are looking for junior stuff, try looking into the USGA's website, www.usga.org, they will probably have links to teachers and/or academies. Also there is the AJGA (American Junior Golf Association), www.ajga.org, they host junior tournaments all over the country.

From either of these sites you should be able to find a school or golf classes.

What area of the country are you in? I am pretty familiar with places in Central Florida.
I agree the OP should pay his $15 or $25 dues and join the USGA. He'll get a new golf cap and copy of the Rules of Golf each year as well as personalized bag tags for each member of his family he adds to the membership list.

The web site will show lots of opportunities for junior golfers to build their skills in the game. I have noticed more and more golf courses adding junior tee boxes to the course and setting aside special times and rates for juniors to play in a pleasurable atmosphere without a bunch of old cranks yelling to speed up play.

Top Bottom