Good ISO 9001:2000 documentation and record management software

G

gpatel

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good iso 9001:2000 documentation and record management software for my company.

CAN ANY BODY HELP!!!

I have searched and read most and many threads and doc. templates in all the forums but not satisfied as it is totally cluttered and I am not a technical person in terms of programming, so I am looking for a ready made solution wich can be totally customized.

:thanks: :thanx:

D

Don Palmer

Welcome to the Cove!

gpatel said:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good iso 9001:2000 documentation and record management software for my company.

CAN ANY BODY HELP!!!

I have searched and read most and many threads and doc. templates in all the forums but not satisfied as it is totally cluttered and I am not a technical person in terms of programming, so I am looking for a ready made solution wich can be totally customized.

:thanks: :thanx:
1st: Welcome to the Cove gpatel! :agree:

2nd: Can you offer more detail of information.

3rd: Ready made solutions can be rather costly. Is that what you are looking for...something to purchase?

4th: Can you further explain your dissatisfaction with (as you say) "forums...totally cluttered".

There are very knowledgeable people here at the Cove. I am certain they can assist. Perhaps you could be more specific with your request/questions?

Best wishes,

G

gpatel

Hello Muleskinner,

Thanks for replying. The main problem is I am totally new to ISO management and I am doing it for my company by self as finding a good Consultant is very difficult here all are working just for money and no one for customer satisfaction.

What I am looking for is some ready made solution to work efficiently so as only we four peoples in the management can do the recording and assurance management fast and easily without sacrificing day to day business activities.

Ours is a manufacturing unit for Induction Systems and Only manufacturing unit in our State for our sector of market hence we have to find solutions for all our problem ourselves.

I have seen the MY DMS solution on other posts but the problem is how to install it and work on it. There is no guided help available on its website also. more over it lacks automation in forms (We will have to do repetative data entry). Can you please suggest any solution. It is not viable for us to Spend thousands of Rupees on ready solutions. but we want to spend wisely due to our limitation in management.

We are only four person in management and 10 employees who are not so literate or are over booked as i wrote before we have to make what we want.

By cluttered I mean only for the solution what I am now looking for. You will not believe I started and finished My ISO 9001:2000 myself with help of forums in COVE.

Welcome to the Cove gpatel
gpatel said:
so I am looking for a ready made solution wich can be totally customized.
I see (I think). Can you tell us what your system looks like at present, and describe the changes you would like?
gpatel said:
some ready made solution to work efficiently so as only we four peoples in the management can do the recording and assurance management fast and easily without sacrificing day to day business activities.
So you want an easily managed tool that helps rather than hinders your activities? Sensible.
gpatel said:
hence we have to find solutions for all our problem ourselves.
Oh, I dont know about that... No matter what you manufacture, the major hurdles will usually not be all that different.
gpatel said:
It is not viable for us to Spend thousands of Rupees on ready solutions. but we want to spend wisely due to our limitation in management.
Also sensible.
gpatel said:
We are only four person in management and 10 employees who are not so literate or are over booked as i wrote before we have to make what we want.
So you have limited resources. I don't know how complicated your processes are, but your limited numbers may work in your favour: Your QMS may not have to be very extensive due to that very fact. You will however have to involve the others in its operation. Doing everything by yourself is probably not a good idea.
gpatel said:
You will not believe I started and finished My ISO 9001:2000 myself with help of forums in COVE.
Did you now? :) Interesting. Could you tell us more about that?

/Claes

S

surendro - 2009

Well Mr. Patel,

Elsmar Cove is the right forum for people like you. Your comment that Consultants are working just for money and not for customer satisfaction is unfortunately true, though only partially. There are consultants who are ready to help people in need.

If you can contact me at email address removed may be I will be able to guide you. Yes, you don't have to pay me anything.

surendro

gpatel said:
Hello Muleskinner,

Thanks for replying. The main problem is I am totally new to ISO management and I am doing it for my company by self as finding a good Consultant is very difficult here all are working just for money and no one for customer satisfaction.

What I am looking for is some ready made solution to work efficiently so as only we four peoples in the management can do the recording and assurance management fast and easily without sacrificing day to day business activities.

Ours is a manufacturing unit for Induction Systems and Only manufacturing unit in our State for our sector of market hence we have to find solutions for all our problem ourselves.

I have seen the MY DMS solution on other posts but the problem is how to install it and work on it. There is no guided help available on its website also. more over it lacks automation in forms (We will have to do repetative data entry). Can you please suggest any solution. It is not viable for us to Spend thousands of Rupees on ready solutions. but we want to spend wisely due to our limitation in management.

By cluttered I mean only for the solution what I am now looking for. You will not believe I started and finished My ISO 9001:2000 myself with help of forums in COVE.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Don Palmer

surendro said:
Well Mr. Patel,
Elsmar Cove is the right forum for people like you. Your comment that Consultants are working just for money and not for customer satisfaction is unfortunately true, though only partially. There are consultants who are ready to help people in need.

If you can contact me at [email protected] may be I will be able to guide you. Yes, you don't have to pay me anything.

surendro
Mr. Surendro, thanks for offering Mr. Patel some guidance. :)

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Gpatel,

Your situation has been experienced by many others in the Cove so, please, do not feel alone or isolated. We may not be able to give you specific answers or details to all of your questions, but there will be at least one person who can point you in the right direction.

Claes is right when he says that you may not need something complex or expensive or extensive to help you document your processes and maintain the records.

Have you done an online search to find out what computer programs are available and ready-to-use in your country or even your state? Or, if you prefer to have something that is customized to your company, have you considered hiring a local college/university student who wishes to earn some extra money and gain experience? This would allow you to have a system that is developed according to your needs and provide valuable hands-on experience to a student.

Using Word/Excel might be okay for your company. It is the most simple approach (and probably the cheapest)...but as documentation and records grow, I find this method to become quite labour-intensive.

My company uses software called QSI which is put out by a company called IBS. It works well for us, but does require a lot of initial set up and with the few resources that you have available, purchasing an off-the-shelf software may not be the best option for you, initially.

I'm tempted to suggest that you use Word/Excel at first and then see how much you have to control before moving forward. This might help you determine if you wish to hire a student or purchase something from a programming company.

gpatel said:
I am looking for a ready made solution wich can be totally customized.

Be careful with that. It sounds like you are looking for something to buy and then to spend the money and resources to make it suit your company. My own company fell into that trap by purchasing a software and revising it to suit all of our needs. When we tried to install the newest release of the software, the end result about 6 months of debugging and relearning how the software was really supposed to work.

If you decide to purchase software, it is best to spend the extra time to find something that closely meets as many of your needs as possible and to keep your own modifications to it to a minimum.

:topic: Surendro, I have removed your email address from your post to protect you from potential spam. I would suggest that you PM gpatel with your email address or allow gpatel to PM you should he wish for more information from you. Your offer to assist him is, I'm sure, appreciated by him and I applaud you for it, however we would prefer that your email address not be included in your posts. Thank you for your understanding. :)

G

gpatel

Thank you all,

I am really happy that I receied so many replies and good answers which can help me deside more.

S

surendro - 2009

Dear Marc,

Thanks for the advice and the concern shown. People like you make Cove what it is -so special!

Thanks to you once again.

Surendro

Top Bottom