Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Google wants feedback on small websites you think should rank higher

My response:
It is the premier discussion and learning forum for quality system professionals and neophytes throughout the world. The fact it is free versus membership restricted sites like asq.org makes it much more accessible.

Many organizations are struggling to meet international Standards and various government regulations on quality issues. The organizations which promulgate those Standards and regulations (ISO, SAE, FAA, FDA, etc.) do not provide discussion forums where users can get better interpretations of how to deploy those Standards from actual users and auditors working with those Standards on a day-to-day basis. Elsmar has a world-wide community of experts volunteering their time and talent to help make ALL manufacturing and service organizations better and safer for the end users/consumers.

My response:
It is the premier discussion and learning forum for quality system professionals and neophytes throughout the world. The fact it is free versus membership restricted sites like asq.org makes it much more accessible.

Many organizations are struggling to meet international Standards and various government regulations on quality issues. The organizations which promulgate those Standards and regulations (ISO, SAE, FAA, FDA, etc.) do not provide discussion forums where users can get better interpretations of how to deploy those Standards from actual users and auditors working with those Standards on a day-to-day basis. Elsmar has a world-wide community of experts volunteering their time and talent to help make ALL manufacturing and service organizations better and safer for the end users/consumers.
Well.

Mine just said "They have good stuff there for quality...stuff".

Kidding aside, well put.

K

karensstover

I also responded.

As a side note, I found this website through a google search, so I think they took our feedback seriously and are ranking this site higher!

:)

FYI:
I typed in quality discussions (no quotes or parentheses) and these are the first four results:

About 1,050,000,000 results (0.38 seconds)
Search Results

1. Quality Discussion Postings | Mercy College, New York

www.mercy.edu ? ... ? Mercy Online ? Student Resources‎Mercy College

CHARACTERISTICS OF A QUALITY ONLINE DISCUSSION POSTING OR ... CONCISE: Studies have shown that discussion postings that are excessively long ...

2. quality-discuss Info Page - OpenJDK mailing lists - Java.net

mail.openjdk.java.net/mailman/listinfo/quality-discuss
    quality-discuss -- Discuss OpenJDK quality and related topics. About quality- ... To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the quality-discuss Archives.

3. Quality Assurance & Business Systems and Standards Information ...

elsmar.com/Forums/index.php‎
    Total Threads: 54,275, New Discussion Threads This Month: 278. Total Posts: 526,321 .... Manager Issues. A forum for Quality Manager Issues and Discussions ...

4. Online Learning: Developing High Quality Discussion Posts

www.educationcoffeehouse.com/.../high_quality_discussion_posts.html‎
    A high quality discussion EXCEEDS STANDARDS and uses specific examples and details from the reading material to support personal examples.

I think the content of the first hit is priceless:

Quality Discussion Postings

CHARACTERISTICS OF A QUALITY ONLINE DISCUSSION POSTING OR MESSAGE:

1. SUBSTANTIAL: Messages should relate to the subject matter and provide information, opinions or questions about that subject matter. They may relate the subject matter to something personal, but they should remain academic in their focus.
  2. CONCISE: Studies have shown that discussion postings that are excessively long do not receive replies. To write an effective message, attempt to use a single paragraph--two at most. Try to get the point and focus of your message across so that it is clear what you are saying.
  3. PROVOCATIVE: The bulletin/discussion board is an interactive medium. The more interaction the better. A good message is one that prompts others to reply, concur, or object to. A focused and pointed message that produces replies from other learners in that class is moving the discussion forward and is having an impact on the learning environment.
  4. HERMENEUTICAL: The bulletin/discussion board is a place where ideas are interpreted and language is explored. To be hermeneutical is to interpret. A good message should explore, explain, or expand on a concept or connection. The message should not simply state something, but rather expand upon an idea.
  5. TIMELY: A good message appears in the context of similar messages in the message log. If you get on irregularly, your message will appear late and out of context with what is currently happening in the discussion. Get on regularly and reply to messages in a timely fashion.
  6. LOGICAL: A good message that is not a question should contain a logical argument. This means it should contain a clearly stated conclusion of thesis supported by premises, reason, evidence or grounds of belief.
  7. GRAMMATICAL: A good, clear, concise message should be well-written and free of typos and sentence fragments.
All in all: something more of us (me included) should keep in mind.

Last edited:
Top Bottom